068 - It could be worse.

The place is beautiful up here, I didn't expect to see so much space but it is like a little sanctuary where you could hide and just ignore everything together with someone you really want to go with.

Akali then asks, "I am... curious about how they are going to do this," the way we came up is larger and open with no mountains in the way with a clear sight of the sky, and the small buildings in the distance.

Kai'Sa then says, "All of the little houses are facing towards the opening so I think they just assign you into a house and the rest of us stick around to watch it and then head back down the moment they can."

"And us?" I ask.

"I got us a room because we didn't bring something to fight the snow if we were to sit down, and I don't think any of us are up to standing around."

"Sound planned," I narrow my eyes at her.

Defending herself, "I didn't plan for that to happen, I just thought it would be a bit more comfortable," she pouts then looks at Akali in defeat.

"We can just go with we definitely planned it?" she sounds even more uncertain.

I chuckle as the three of us walk up the pathway. No matter how we look at it, I prefer it to end like this - I'd love to enjoy it a bit longer than most but we need to make sure we are back from this little trip before they decide to shut down the monorail.

But they are going to be sending people down till midnight. Which means we are probably not going to sleep.

Which is fine, I prefer sleeping on the bus.

*** Ahri POV ***

I mean it could have been worse... but with these two guys here at least they are giving Evelynn something else to worry about. She doesn't even look a little bit impressed with them inviting themselves to join us after I failed in saying no.

I don't mind, it isn't like I am going to fall in love with a little bit of attention but just joining up with us despite Evelynn looking the way she does and me trying to say no but they keep interrupting me is really really really quickly going to thin my patience and just letting Evelynn pick a fight.

"Where are you girls from?"

"Two towns over," I state, "Came here with our school class to take a little bit of a vacation and we are headed back tomorrow."

"Bummer we didn't meet sooner," this guy is making a lot of eye contact, "And what has got you looking like that?"

Evelynn isn't looking at any of them, the other guy asks, "What's your names?"

"Ahri," I then look at Evelynn who looks like she wants to scold me for even playing into it.

"Evelynn," she finally breathes out before returning her face to her front, she watches them carefully through the corner of her eyes.

"I am Randel," the one guy flashes her a bright smile as the one close to me says, "Chris."

"What's gotten you so riled up?" Randel asks.

Evelynn says with a narrowed gaze and a straight face, "Boyfriend troubles."

He then almost flinches at her words, "Ah... that must suck."

Chris looks amused at the sudden development, "Smooth dude," he then asks, "Are you also taken?"

I shake my head, "Nope, but I ain't about to start looking either."

"No worries, mind if we just hang out for a bit before disappearing then?" 

I then gesture to the group the two of them left behind, "Aren't they going to miss you?"

"Just proving to them a point that we aren't scared to make conversation with beautiful ladies like yourself," he winks, I instinctively smile back, "That is if the two of you don't mind."

I then look at Evelynn, she gives me this look begging me for them to move along.

"It wouldn't look right," I state, "Plus, Evelynn is a bit annoyed so rather not make things worse."

Randal nods as he lifts himself, "Nice meeting you two."

Chris does the same, "No harm in trying," he pats him on the back, "Girls like those are hard should have known-" their voices are soon drowned away as I look at Evelynn.

"What?"

"Nothing," I giggle, "Boyfriend huh? You said it so casually I almost thought you weren't lying."

She sighs, "Just please don't make this any more annoying to deal with, please?" it is rare to see her worked up like this, I kind of feel like teasing her a bit more but then again that might just be pushing it.

Even if I think it is cute, she takes all my quirks seriously.

I then breathe out, "At least they were nice guys, it could have been way worse."

She nods, "Could have been, yeah."

I then lean over, "Are you going to just let the love fade away-"

"I like him, don't love him. One leads to the other," she breathes out, "I don't know Ahri, it would be weird stepping in between those two yet neither of them cared for me asking him out to the stupid ball."

"They were surprised," I remark.

She lifts her shoulders, "Yeah. Maybe I am just thinking too much about it, allowing it to run me up a wall. Whatever - I will just go on about the same way I usually do and not let it bother me."

"Good girl."

I guess... it is hard. Falling in love with someone when they just won't look your way, is not like I don't understand the feeling - I just had to watch that person change so many times out of each relationship to the point where she refused to date anyone.

Refused to make new bonds.

Now suddenly she is like this, it is cute.

But I guess I am just used to drawing short straws that it isn't even phasing me anymore.