097 - Solace

*** Michelle POV ***

Sitting on one of the classroom chairs I wait for him to answer the call, "Hey, Jake~"

I only hear a chuckle, "Sup?"

"Evelynn and Ahri should start being friends again pretty soon."

"You said you weren't going to do anything about it."

"Oh I am entirely expecting to get something in return," I admit to him, I only hear him sigh as I laugh, "Come on, you two are my two favorite street urchins - besides I actually think you won't mind this little thing-"

"I am already kinda seeing someone-"

"God no! I was going to say that my house feels kinda lonely-" I then stop myself, "Wait that actually sounds pretty provocative, well... anyway, I have a room that needs filling and the entire place just feels so depressing with just two people living in it."

"Do you really think it is a good idea?"

"Nope. But it rather that than you have to pay rent and work for you and Evelynn and Ahri. I know you are barely scraping by and this way you get to do a lot more with your money to spend on yourself."

"Why being so friendly all of the sudden?"

"I was always like this," I scoff, "Besides, I need a drinking buddy that can handle their liquor."

"Michelle... the last time you were doing this is because something bad was happening," I only laugh at him as he holds his serious tone, "Are you sure you are doing this out of the goodness of your heart, and not because you feel like you need to repay someone?"

"You are making it sound like I am going to die," I shake my head, "So? Are you really going to turn me down after seeing the house?"

"I am kinda tempted. I'll ask the girls."

"Oh, that will never work - take control for a change. You are the adult and they need to listen to you - this helps you more than you know and it would be hard to keep on supporting the two of them, won't it?"

"Ahri's mom did give me a lot of money-"

"Don't care."

"I'll think about it."

"Give me a call then~" I cut the call as I hear the door knob turn.

*** Normal POV ***

Akali is leaning against me as I try to unlock the door, "I can come over again this weekend right?"

"I am going to have to ask Shen if that would be possible."

She pulls away from me, "Funny. I am going to have to ask my dad if we can continue dating."

"I never met him."

"Good," she nods.

I pull her closer as she easily ducks under my arm and creates distance between the two of us, "Listen, using your super cool ninja tricks is really just not making me happy, all of this because of a stupid hot tub?"

"I ran away from home for less."

"I... you are impossible," I notice that it isn't locked, I open it up to see Michelle is already sitting inside, "You are early?"

She smiles at the two of us, "How are my two favorite students?" she then looks at Akali, "Oh. Akali would you swing by this weekend? I have someone that I want you to meet and we can get some better rapping practice."

She smirks at me, "Yes, Michelle. I'd love to come over this weekend."

I roll my eyes at her, "Careful, Michelle. This girl has her priorities straight."