150 - Here we are

"We are happy to congratulate all of you and welcome you to our reunion!"

And that is how it started for all of us. It didn't take long for everyone to practically swarm us with congratulations and talk about how super successful we are all. Me on the other hand? I am just making sure Akali isn't swarmed and bullied.

Standing near her she is wearing a slight smile. "Okay, maybe I was freaking out a little bit too much."

"A little?"

"Maybe a lot..."

"Hmmmm."

"Don't do that to me." She puffs her cheeks. "I had to run away from my own home because I would have never been able to see any of you again so it would be nice if you were nice to me."

I lift my glass to take a sip of my drink. "Don't worry, I think everyone here is just relieved to see that you are alive and well."

"Maybe-"

I hear someone clear his throat as he steps closer. "Conner?" I ask just to make sure, he does look different if that is the case, less like a weasel but those guys that find a way to look better through puberty.

Must have taken its time with him.

"Hey, you two." He then points at Akali. "And... hey, Akali."

"Hi."

"Just came to say congratulations, to both of you actually." He smiles at me. "Well considering how it worked out I didn't ever expect you to become a popstar or you a pretty well-known producer."

"Thank you." Akali lights up, she was looking a bit sceptical. "And you, how have you been?"

Twisting his lips to the side. "Been kicking. Medical school kicked my ass but I got in and all the same, now working as a nurse to just get those work hours in before I finish up and specialise in Neurology."

"That's good. I remembered your dad wanted you to go into med."

He chuckles. "Made sure to push me that way even if I was going to hate every single second of it." He rubs the back of his neck, "Know night is early, but mind if I borrow you for a bit?" He gestures to Akali.

Akali looks at me as if she wants my permission. Conner then adds, "Unless I am interrupting something then I'll just find you later."

He wants to talk to her. It is going to happen eventually so I might as well let him do what he has to. I lift myself as I state, "Going to find Ahri before she gets overwhelmed with the attention and complains that we don't give her enough."

"See you in a bit, (Y/N)." She smiles at me.

I trust her.

*** Akali POV ***

He pulls the chair closer to him, dropping down in it he doesn't look at me at all. Staring out at the crowds he smiles slightly.

"Blamed myself for you disappearing like that."

I stop him. "I had to leave. You knew that I was going to leave if they ever-"

"I know." He stops me in turn. "I was too caught up in my own thoughts that I wasn't thinking straight, busy being an asshole for no reason making it about myself when it was you trying to escape that shithole."

"Conner."

He looks at me. "Happy that you are okay, and looking good despite whatever you had to go through."

I nod. "(Y/N) was there for me, even when I thought he wouldn't be."

"Just like him." He chuckles while shaking his head. "Still hate his guts, but at least he knows how to treat people and I figure I could have been friends with him if I wasn't such a little weasel, huh?"

I chuckle. "What are you trying to say? That you may have fucked up."

"Too late to admit it?"

"Nope." I shake my head while holding my smile. "Just can't take back anything that happened really, but all is forgiven from my end. Unless you are going to go out and start some playground drama with him then I might have to yell at you again."

"Please no." She shakes his. "Rather just move on from all that, because realistically it would be impossible to reach you if it wasn't for this reunion. Didn't even know how to find you in the first place."

"Hm mhm." I twist my lips to the side, resting my hands on my lap I play with my fingers. "Is Eric here?"

He nods. "Still good friends, but he is somewhere out there with his girlfriend."

"He got someone?"

He nods. "And he was the one that was to shy to tell anyone he liked them." He shakes his head still maintaining his smile. "But at least I had some good friends to keep me going despite all the shitty decisions I made."

"We all do that."

"Now it sounds like I am building a pitty party." He sighs, looking at me through the corner of his eye he makes eye contact for a brief moment while he rubs the back of his neck. "Can we try again? You and me?"

"Try what?" I furrow my brow slightly.

"Friends?"

I tighten the muscles in my jaw. "It looks more like you were asking for something else, Conner."

"I am being serious." He shakes his head at me. "You were one of my favourite people to be around, just want that chance to have you to hang around with like we spent our lives together as best friends."

I lower my gaze slightly, thinking it through before stating. "Yeah. Friends."

"Friends." He chuckles. "Is this where I find out you don't have a phone and I need to make sure (Y/N) keeps me in contact with you?"

I shake my head. "Just give me your number."

He smiles widely. "Sure."

*** Normal POV ***

In the distance I can see Liam talking with Ahri, Conner talking with Akali, Ryleigh trying to get Eve's attention... and Kai'Sa sitting next to me sipping on a cup of juice. It is almost exactly how it used to be except Eve is even harder to approach.

"Some nostalgia, huh?" She nudges her elbow into my side.

"Just a little bit." I chuckle. "Does that mean we are ending this night with a blast? Or is it a stretch to celebrate it naked?"

She rolls her eyes at me. "You know if you really wanted to do anything sexy you can't suggest it." She pushes her lips out, looking at me with a smug expression. "I don't think any of the girls would say no to their favourite boy."

"So let's talk about the other end of the spectrum."

She rolls her eyes. "Not fair to start asking who is whose favourite. I don't want to hear Akali say that I was never the favourite, I might just die from the heartbreak."

I shake my head. "Even though the two of you were trying to so hard to make the three of us work only for me to pull two other people into it."

"I love all of them." She scoots closer to me, resting her head against my shoulder. "I wouldn't want to spend the rest of my life with anyone else other than the four of you. I felt like I lost you all once and I am not letting go." She squeezes my hand.

"Not going anywhere," I whisper to her.