124 - Unexpected visits

I open my eyes to the same ceiling I have been waking up to for the past four years. An empty house, a lonely bed. I am surprised I didn't go insane but I think my work kept me so busy that I never had time to think about it.

I climb out of my bed and instantly drag my feet to the shower. I don't care about the heat as I hover over it for a bit - the thought that Akali is finally around... I am excited. I even made plans to get out of work and arranged all my meetings an hour sooner.

Kai'Sa hasn't answered any of my texts yet. I haven't gotten a chance to message either Ahri or Evelynn because I want to talk to them in person... but I don't think that will be possible. I guess I am going to have to send a message as I leave for work.

Despite everything, the house has stayed clean and the garden looks even better than last time. The only issue is that is incredibly cold this time of the year - just like back then, when I met them. That year was unnaturally cold.

Even now, it feels like good things are to come.

I order breakfast to be delivered as I walk to the garage, I only have one car and my job has been making sure I get paid well. So I got that one little guilty pleasure of having something nice to drive with.

This day is going to be a long one, I can just tell.

***   ***   ***

My phone rings, I pick it up instantly, "(Y/N)."

"I am sending your next appointment up."

"I-" the call cuts as I look at the phone with a furrowed brow, "Don't have an appointment till later?" I lift myself out of the chair only to see the door open with a pair of ears peeking through.

"Sorry for bothering you, sir."

I furrow my brow, "Are you-"

She lowers her head in greeting, "I am sorry, my name is Shiri," then with a faint smile, "I have never met you but was told that you were one of Ahri's many great friends."

"What are you doing here-"

She stops me, "Would you please hear me out?" she asks.

"Why should I?"

She nods slowly, "I am aware that you might feel some need to hate me, that for Ahri's sake it would be best but... I won't fight against your feelings. I am not here to convince you that I was a good mother nor do I want to make something for her to forgive me."

I sigh, Ahri once said that she wanted to see her again... I should hear her out. I sit back in my chair as I ask, "How did you even get up here?"

"I had to charm your receptionist into letting me in," she states, then clearing her throat, "I apologise and will do anything to repay having to resort to such measures."

"Just... tell me why you are here?"

"I want to talk to her. I wanted to tell her that I am proud of her, she..." then with a chuckle, "Got so far, bloomed into something beautiful and no thanks to her mother or father. I just wanted to let her know, even though I couldn't be a mother that I am proud of her."

"Why now?"

"Because... I could never be a mother. I never wanted to be one. I was hurting my daughter whom I never wanted to hurt every single day I was near her," she then shakes her head, "I didn't come here for pity. I only wanted to find a way to reach her."

"I can give you her number-"

She shakes her head, "I... I would rather meet her. Can you arrange that for me?" she lifts herself, "Don't answer. I have left my contact details with your secretary if you ever decide on what to do, even if you don't make the effort I won't blame you. After all, I did this to myself."

She leaves like that before I could even give her an answer. Not even enough time to make a smart-ass remark.

I don't know. I am having a hard time getting to Ahri after all this time so I guess we are both waiting to get that chance to meet with her again - I will see what Ahri has to say after we met up again.