154 - Confrontations

***   Akali POV   ***

It feels like I haven't slept that well in years, I can barely get myself out of my own bed. Despite that, I force myself out of bed and onto my feet to get busy with the rest of my day. I walk out of the room only to spot Tanya.

I twist my lips around as I approach her. "Where's everyone?"

She glances at me. "Evelynn and Kai'Sa went to deal with some arrangements considering your outfits?" She lifts her shoulders into a shrug. "I honestly can't speak for them but Ahri and (Y/N) walked out of here together."

I nod slowly. "Did those two say where they were going?"

"Ahri seemed to be in a terrible mood," she shrugs before twisting her lips to the side. "I don't really know, Akali."

I nod. "I'll go meet up with the girls, leave those two to do whatever they are doing."

Just the two of them? I kind of want to know what happened but then again maybe we aren't all that close to just sharing everything that happens to us. I doubt that is the case. Maybe I didn't pay attention to what she was saying.

***   Normal POV   ***

Sitting in the car right outside of the place that Ahri agreed to meet at, the place that Ahri said she felt the most comfortable doing this, everything up until now has been her making the decisions on how to move forward but right now?

It feels like she wants someone to push her in the right direction. Or at least give her the reassurance that everything is going to be okay at the end of the day. Maybe it will be, maybe she'll regret it entirely.

Isn't that how I felt with Michelle? Isn't that how I felt with my sisters?

I reach for her hand, she is still staring down at her knees as she grips my hand tightly. "She's... she is going to be in there... r-right?"

I nod. "She will be."

"You aren't just messing with me, that woman wants to see me, right?"

"Ever since before we started K/DA."

"I've kept her waiting."

"For a long time," I squeeze her hand. "You kept her waiting because this isn't about what you should be doing for her sake but rather for your sake. I told you that meeting her again is in your hands and I won't allow Evelynn or anyone to make that decision for you."

She nods slowly. "Eve would probably do the same."

"She probably would," I chuckle as I add, "She'd probably also say the exact same things I did, wouldn't she?"

She cracks a slight smile. "It feels strange, meeting the person that pushed me away, the person that lead to this. The woman that decided that leaving me with Evelynn's brother that could barely provide for Evelynn was good enough, Dad was gone ages ago and..."

I tug her hand closer to me, she looks at me with pained eyes yet still dry. "She's in there, she has all the answers for you."

"I don't want that," she exhales. "I never wanted answers, I needed to feel like I wasn't alone every single time I walked into that damned house, (Y/N)."

"She can't give that to you now."

"No shit," she scoffs. "Fuck... sorry. There is nothing she can do for me, nothing she can make me feel better about... I don't even have to be here. I don't need to talk to her, I don't ever have to look her in the eyes."

I nod slowly. "Say the word."

She narrows her eyes at me, her eyes wander towards the steering wheel and then back to me. She curls her lip trying to think what she wants to do, but in times like this, I wish Michelle was here to tell us what we needed to do.

I let go of her hand, she looks at me with concerned eyes.

"You don't owe her anything, but she asked, you went through all of the effort so that you can have that time with your mother that walked out on you. It might be because you just want to hear what she has to say, maybe it is because you have so much to say to her."

"I-"

"Do what you think you need to do."

She whispers to me, "I don't know what I need to do here, I never wanted to see her but ever since you said her name... I can't get it out of my head. I just want to hear her, see her once... and then never again."

"Are you pissed?"

"Am I pissed?" She asks sarcastically, "Yes, I am pissed off. Pissed off that after everything she finally decided to get here when I-"

"She's proud of you," I counter. "Said so herself."

"Said that to get to me."

I grab her hand again, "Then let's find out for ourselves."

She gives me a firm nod, then climbs out of the car. I climb out with a sharp exhale. Walking up to the steps of the place where we arranged this meeting to happen without fans interrupting us, she then grabs my sleeve and freezes next to me.

"You'll stay with me... right?"

"As long as you need me to."

"I don't want to hear that," she looks at me with a slight glare. "I need you to tell me how you really feel, I don't want to talk to a mirror. Talk to me, (Y/N)."

I crack a slight smile. "I wasn't going to run away because you didn't face your mom, Ahri."

"(Y/N)-"

"I never left you," I pull her closer for a tight hug. "You know if you called out to me that I'd follow."

She hugs me tightly, I can feel her nod against me as she whispers. "I'm scared, I feel like the same little girl that couldn't keep her mother from running away."

"But this time you aren't so little," she nods. "In more ways than one."

She snorts. "Thanks, I get it." She pulls away with a slight smile. "Sorry, I woke up like this, I haven't felt this terrible but knowing that you are here holding my hands... knowing that when I go back home someone is going to ask me why I look like I met a ghost, that makes me happy."

"The people around you should make you happy, Ahri. Your mother never did."

She shakes her head. "She did, she just... maybe she knew she couldn't do it forever, that she'd kill me."

I gesture at the door. "Now or never."

"Now," she confirms, she pulls me with her to face the person that walked out on her.

She has changed, but I still see that same girl I fell for a long time ago. I hope only the best for her, even if the best is that she has to cut ties with her mother forever... but never if it means that I need to be away from her.

I won't leave any of these girls.

Never.