122 - In Loving Memory

The summer storms have been pretty harrowing - it has ruined a lot of things but I think it kind of fits how I am feeling... how everyone felt for the past couple of days. I am standing alone in front of a gravestone.

Michelle Gregory.

Everyone else disappeared some time ago after the burial, and a lot of reporters and fans of her showed up to the massive service. In a sense... I never saw it before but Michelle wanted to die all this time.

She wanted to move on from this life into the next because she didn't think this was one worth living - but maybe I am wrong - she was never scared to be alive and I think that is admirable.

That even death didn't faze her.

Illiya didn't even have a lot to tell me, there are things about Michelle that just didn't make sense - that made it hard to place her entirely. When we met you were nothing but a bitch and rude to everyone.

But you weren't fake, you said it as it is. Never once did you twist for someone else and made sure they knew the harsh truths.

You made jokes and it was even harder to tell what was true, you had this delivery that you would never know what to expect - never know if you were being serious, affectionate... or just misleading to gain what you wanted to gain.

You alone saved me a couple of times, helped me get to Akali, helped me stay here when everything wanted me to leave.

Even brought my sister back when all she did was hate me, hate everyone else.

I wish I could say thank you because I never had the chance to do that.

It was a grand grave, the casket was beautiful but the day was horrid - I don't think it perfectly portrayed the person you were. Because a lot of people would have hated that part of you... was that really you?

I have grown to like that part of you, even when normally someone wouldn't. The more and more I got to learn about the real person behind your mischievous smile.

The engraving reads...

I ain't scared of living.

I shake my head with a chuckle, "I am going to miss you."

There is silence, I hear someone step up from behind me. I glance over my shoulder to see someone wearing a black look at me from behind her sunglasses - kind of stupid considering that the sun isn't out.

"I wouldn't miss me," she breathes out.

I scoff, "Didn't you die? At least pretend to agree."

She nods, "Michelle is dead - or at least her Heart did," she then pulls off her glasses as she smiles down at me, "Everyone that attended believed that - I couldn't help but smile like an idiot too bad I didn't get to see any of you shed a tear."

"I would have cried if I didn't know about this."

She chuckles, "I wanted to do it, but Illiya stopped me from doing it - that sister of yours really has a tight grip around me and I am really starting to not like that I get to be as reckless as I was."

I nod, "I am glad she did."

She then lowers herself, placing a bundle of flowers on the grave, "I... am still mourning her though - Michelle Gregory wouldn't have said a lot of things and would have left this world not knowing that even though it was a handful... there were a few people that truly loved her."

"What wouldn't she say?"

"I don't know," she chuckles, "Want to know a story? About her?"

I then state, "Talking about yourself in such a way is jarring."

She nods, "I agree but do you want to hear it or not?"

I nod, "Please."

She lifts herself, "She ran away from home vowing to be better than what her parents would be able to make her - she tried to save her brother but realized how silly she was when they were all happy and she was the only one suffering."

"She wouldn't admit that she alone was the reason why she lost so many people and probably would deny it - but she made it despite being the sole reason everything else went to shit. Coming as far to make a name for herself."

"Made friends in the industry and fell in love, only for them to stab her in the back finally turning her into the manipulative and deceitful bitch that she was," she then chuckles, "Rest in peace, you sorry bitch."

She then looks at me with a smile, "Let's let her rest."

I nod, "So who are you now? Michelle..."

"(L/N)," she nods.

"You two are getting married?" I ask.

She nods, "Not official yet - but we will work out all the kinks on the way. I still have to take care of you but considering that you already passed high school everything else will fall in place."

Everyone else is gone already - there wasn't a grand goodbye.

But just a promise.

That we will all find each other again.

One day.

We will be together.

All of us.

She then turns to face me fully, "Want to know something else?" before I could ask her what, she steps forward giving me a hug, "You are like a little brother to me, even though you probably never thought of me the same way."

I return the hug, "I thought she is gone?"

She chuckles, "Shut the fuck up, you know what I mean."

"Guess I will be your brother soon enough."

"It works out in its own little way," she then gestures for us to leave, "I am starving, let's celebrate both my survival and Michelle's funeral with pizza. My treat."

"Sure."