142 - Talk to me

The conversations have thinned out with some of us disappearing to our little things before continuing the little reunion. I notice Ahri standing outside staring out into the distance, the city looks so small from here.

I walk through the sliding door siding next to her, "Feels so weird staring that it from here."

"Heard me from a mile away, didn't you?"

She chuckles, "Was kind of hoping that you'd somehow find your way to me while I am out here," then looking at me with a slight smile, "Wanted to talk to you about something important, I guess it comes from a deep part in my heart."

I then nod looking back at the city in the distance, "Should I be worried?"

"I don't know," she giggles, "But then again - I don't know about a lot of things."

I nod slowly, "Talk to me," then looking down I reach for her fingers and she grabs my hand in response, interlacing them I can feel her tail brush against the back of my hand, "I've always been good at listening."

"Hm," she takes a deep breath, "City is so small when you stand here - so easy to forget what the quiet feels like being so far away from it - it kind of feels insignificant."

"All of it?"

She nods, "Feels like I haven't done anything I wanted - I have done more getting over my depression in school than being world-famous as a pop star," then shaking her head, "How does that sound?"

I then ask, "Want to know what Michelle would say?"

She groans, "You are stupid, you made a success of yourself and you are complaining? Learn to live for yourself, if you did that you wouldn't feel like this."

I then snort, "Very accurate."

"But - I am asking you because I want to know what you think, it... my... I liked knowing how you would look at things back then because I think your perspective helps. Even though I asked for a very specific few things."

I then take a deep breath, "I think... you just really want to do what you want to do. So. What do you want to do, Ahri? Is it this? Because I really think that it is about time you put their wishes behind you and start living."

"And not be scared to be alive," she nods.

I then lower my gaze to the pool, "I didn't know if when I was at her house if I would see her on the floor in a pool of her own blood - I remember her frustration over you being depressed and it scared me thinking that it was a possibility."

She then chuckles, "Bringing that up... it feels like I was losing a bit of myself every single day with Eve trying to piece it back as it all started chipping away - I am happy that I didn't cut her so deeply that we ended up not being friends."

"You really think that would happen?"

"No," she answers quickly, "Admittedly - a lot of things started to feel more lost near the end of it all."

"But you found yourself," I remark with a smile, then squeezing her fingers I let out a deep sigh looking at her but I can't find it in me to bring it up.

"What's up?" she tilts her head, "Can tell there's something you want to bring up. Promise I won't bite."

I then nod slowly, "Your mother..."

She scoffs, "Okay I might have to bite," she chuckles, "What about her?"

"She visited me," her smile fades, then furrowing her brow slightly she looks back at the city, "She didn't really come for me but knew that I knew you - asked if there was a way for you two to make contact because she wanted to... I don't even know."

She nods slowly, "What's your point of view?"

"How do you feel?" I ask, "Do you hate her, think that she is trying to have some claim to what you reached? Do you just want to see her one more time, to have one last talk properly before she either leaves again, or you push her out of your life?"

"I don't know how to feel," she admits, "I didn't expect to hear from her ever again after that night - didn't even consider what I'd do if she just decided to come back."

"I'll leave it with you," I look at her.

Now wearing a feint smile with watery eyes, I then untangle my fingers and touch her shoulder only for her to turn to me with that same look - she steps forward pulling me closer to hug me. She breathes out with a shaky tone, "What do I do? I want to see her... but I don't want to do that to myself."

"Then see her, even if it is one more time."

She chuckles, "How'd you know that's what I really wanted to hear?"

"I didn't," I state.

"Liar."

"I am serious," I chuckle, she then pulls away from me, she wipes her tears away and looks back at the city.

"I'll... talk to her," she nods, "Would you arrange that for me?"

"I can."

"Thanks," she then chuckles, "We are going to need a name you know - haven't had a lot of time to think it over, we should start thinking about it because I am going to leave and officially start putting all of my focus on this brand."

She then asks carefully, "Would you... consider using this house, for all of us?"

"It's been lonely without all of you," I admit, "You think I am just going to say, no I'd rather be the only person occupying a single bedroom out of seven?" with a chuckle, "We can give it time - but if you are certain, you know that all of you have a place here."

"Four years," she chuckles, "It feels longer and here you are still waiting for us - even when we were in the same city it must've killed you knowing we were still out of reach."

"You think I was the only one feeling that way?"

She shakes her head, "We promised. We didn't make it hard on each other. And here we are."

"Life's to short to spend it waiting," she breathes out, "So we should all start making up for the time we lost - now that all of us are found again."

"Yeah... we should."