099 - Time to face the change

Akali groans as we reach the house, "Can either of you drive? I am so sick of all of us having to walk around - it would be fine to the apartments but come on, we had to walk uphill with bags."

I turn in place, Akali only has her small bag over her shoulders  leaning into Kai'Sa who is also carrying most of her bags, different from Akali because I am carrying her larger two bags.

"I can," I state.

Kai'Sa nods, "I can too."

"Why don't we drive then?!"

"With what car?" I ask with a chuckle, "Come on, we are almost there."

Kai'Sa then remarks, "Have you noticed Akali complains even more when she is comfortable with you."

"I do not-"

She giggles, "We have been walking everywhere lately."

I then counter, "At least that means we are keeping fit, we can enjoy driving around everywhere the moment we are out of school - I kind of enjoy walking around just enjoying the company."

Akali groans again, "Yes yes, I love you too, but we are walking with bags. It doesn't help that summer is coming and it has been progressively getting hotter and hotter."

"No point using the hot tub then," I counter.

"You can't convince me not to get into it," she says as she sides next to me grabbing her bags.

"At least you can carry them to your room," she gives me a nasty side eye as I only shake my head at her, she takes a deep breath the moment she through the front door and then up the stairs to claim a room.

I then carry Kai'Sa's bags up as she sides next to me, "She has been in a bad mood ever since she came out of the Temple."

I nod, "I am worried that they might just make her mood even worse - it isn't like they care and could come down to forcing her to do something she doesn't want to do at all."

"Let's hope not," she sighs.

Michelle then walks out of her room, you could see she only just woke up. Her shirt is barely on but at least she is wearing something I suppose - she narrows her gaze at the two of us as she yawns.

"What time is it?"

"Around three? I think?"

"Oh," she then stretches her arms, "We are having three people move in later so you better pick a room and claim it because they are going to be permanent stays."

"Really?"

She nods, "Probably in an hour or so, I am going into the bathroom so don't give me a surprise visit unless you want me to give you a scrub. Also, don't get to comfortable this place is going to be sold."

Kai'Sa giggles, "She must be fun to live with."

"Every second is a lifetime," I then glance around, "Dunno why she is changing everything again."

"A lot of money to waste?" she lifts her shoulders, "Maybe she did all of the preparations so that it can be sold?"

I lift my shoulders, "I have no idea what goes on in that woman's head. This place is amazing," I then chuckle, "Give me a second I just need to ask her something."

I place Kai'Sa's bags near her room as I rush down to stop her before she gets into the shower, "Michelle-" she turns around as she arches her brow at me.

"If you want to join you are going to have to get those two to come with-"

"Why are you selling this place?"

"Well - firstly it isn't just my name on the place and the two other asshats want in on it. So I told them I am going to sell the place after giving it a bit of a facelift and then split the money seventy and thirty."

"That why you have been drinking so much last night?"

She rubs her eyes, "I like drinking, passes the time when I am bored. Doesn't matter - the ass hats are going to make it hard on me so I am just selling the place before this becomes a battle of legality."

"Where will you go then?"

"Had a place on my mind ever since I came to this city to make it big," then with a chuckle, "You'll see it eventually," she then flashes me a smile, "Seeing as you are so concerned for me, want to join?" then walking towards the bathroom, "Too late now."

I doubt she'd even let me in if I wanted to.

I wonder what her relationship is with Illiya, I could always try and make contact with her but then again our relationship hasn't changed. I don't know, maybe something worth mending. I guess I'll talk to the others and Angel about it.

*** Michelle POV ***

I slam my fist into the marble tiles against the wall, if I wanted to be awake after that it sure helped but my hand is fucking numb and burning because of it - because of those fucks that just won't leave me alone after they shot themselves in the fucking feet.

But they just haven't had enough, have they? Fuck we bought this place as a group and after those two died all those years back you just hate knowing that they gave everything to me because I made them famous.

Fine.

I don't care.

I am just so annoyed that they just won't let those two go, not their fault you two wanted more than you were owed. I just hope they never figure it out... they are going to have a real kick out of my little secret.

Why is it getting harder and harder just to live? Or is this the world saying that I am running out of time...

I really need to smoke.