Chapter 148 - Motherly Reunion

It is now Friday evening, and Lena and Kara have dropped Alura off at Sam and Alex's to have a sleep over with Ruby. Thankfully, Alura's therapy has gone really well, meaning that the 5-year-old was totally fine with her two mothers leaving her for the evening, something the both of them know would have been impossible just a few weeks ago. The two parents are just so glad to see that their daughter is making such improvements, and that everything that has happened hasn't permanently scared her or anything.

Currently, Kara and Lena are walking into the DEO, as tonight is the night that Lena will talk to her mother for the first time, or at least the first time in over 20 years. J'onn and Winn are also present at the DEO, both because they are working, and to support Lena. Alex did want to be at the DEO too, as she has now been able to go back to work at the DEO, even though she hasn't been able to go out in the field or anything, which won't happen until the rehab is complete. Alex just wanted to be here at the DEO to support Lena, but Lena said it would be for the best, for Alura's sake, if she stayed at Sam's. Thankfully, Lena just knows that as long as she has Kara by her side, supporting her, then she won't need anyone else, but the support from her other friends and family is nice none the less.

Over the last few days, since Lena finally told Kara about her decision to go and see her mother, Lena has had many thoughts about how seeing her mom, and talking to her, for the first time in over 20 years will go. This includes Lena thinking about all the questions she would like to asks her, even though she knows that her mom is still having some mental issues, and may not even recognise her, or know who she is, let alone be able to answer any of her questions. However, that still hasn't stopped Lena from thinking about all the things she wants, and frankly demands, answers to. Lena wants to know why Leviathan sent her mom after her and Alura the other day. Lena wants to know why Leviathan targeted Alex, and specifically choose her mom to do it. Lena wants to know why her mom was stalking them at one point, months ago, as clearly when that occurred she had recovered her memories, or at least partly. Then Lena also wants to know why her mother never made any attempt to contact her, and tell her she is alive. Lena wants to know why her mother decided to work with, or for, Leviathan in the first place. Then finally, the most important question of all; Lena wants to know why her mom did everything, and faked her death, leaving her alone, thinking she had lost all her family, and as a result of, was shipped off to the Luthors. Lena wants answers to all of those questions.

"Hello, both of you." J'onn smiles, meeting both Kara and Lena.

"Hi, J'onn." Kara says with a nod of her head.

"Hi..." Lena says, with some clear nervousness to her voice.

J'onn in response to hearing Lena's nervous voice, gives her a sympathetic look.

"We don't have to do this today if you don't want to, Lena." J'onn says, in a caring voice.

Lena now looks at J'onn.

"No. I want to." Lena replies, "I need to do this today.... I might still be a bit nervous about it.... and freaking out a bit inside........ but I have spent all day preparing myself for this, I can't back out now, and I don't want to."

"Okay..." J'onn replies, with a nod of his own head, "But if at any moment you just want to stop things, you let us know and we will end your discussion with the pris..... your mom."

Lena nods her head back at J'onn, not having any more words to say right now.

"Thank you, J'onn." Kara says, answering for Lena.

"Alright, let's go then." J'onn says, and then begins to lead Kara and Lena through the DEO, towards the holding cells where Elizabeth Walsh is located.