Chapter 2

Hope's P. O. V:

The next day....

At Magnolia Station....

"GUUWAAAHHH!! I HATE THIS!! TEAMING UP WITH YOU IS THE WORST IDEA EVER!!" Natsu yells angrily.

Gray yells back, just as annoyed, "Yeah, tell me about it!! Erza made a huge mistake, asking a loser like you to come along!!"

"Fine, then!! Why don't you just take care of it yourself?! I don't wanna go, anyway!!"

"Sounds like a plan to me! Then I'll get to watch her beat you senseless!"

"Fighting with each other first thing in the morning... Those two really haven't changed at all in the past half year," I mumble with a deadpan expression at the boys.

Alec and I are wearing our usual work attires. On the bench beside me, is my pink shoulder bag, that holds my stuff.

"You've said it!" Alec chimes.

Sitting on the other side of Happy who is eating a fish, Lucy murmurs, "Let's just sit here and pretend we don't know them." She's holding an adorable Little Dog Celestial Spirit in her arms, which I'd squealed at slightly, saying that it's so adorable, when Momo and I'd arrived.

I'd learned its name is Plu. How cute!

Happy asks Lucy, "What made you decide to come with us?"

She replies, "Mira asked me to tag along." She then told us that Mira also asked her to prevent the boys from fighting when Erza wasn't looking.

Alec, Happy and I tell her, "You're not doing a very good job!"

"They're hopeless!"

The blue cat then asks me, "Why aren't you stopping 'em, Hope-chan?"

"Why're you asking me?" I return with a raised eyebrow.

He answers, as though it's the most obvious thing in the world, "Because! They'll listen to you."

I scoff as I reply, "Yeah, right. They won't listen to me."

"Sorry I'm late! Have you been waiting very long?" Come Erza's voice.

"No, not really—" Lucy begins, only to be cut off when she sees the cart behind Erza is piled as high as a mountain with suitcases, a stunned look appearing on her face.

Happy exclaims, just as surprised as the blonde, "Whoa! Look at that luggage!!"

"Does all of that belong to you?!" Lucy demands as I stand up, slinging my backpack on my shoulders, and go over to Erza.

I say, "Erza just likes to be prepared."

"I still think it's a bit much," Alec mutters, deadpanning.

Arms thrown over each other's shoulders and forced happy grins on their faces, Gray says as he and Natsu join us, "It's time to go, good buddy!!"

"Aye!!" Natsu says in forced cheerfulness.

Giving the boys a deadpan look, Lucy utters, "Listen, one Happy's enough!!"