Chapter 81

Third Person's P. O. V:

The pumpkin mascot calls, "Now, will each team's participant in the Hidden game kindly step forward?"

All the contestants that were chosen step forward, toward the pumpkin mascot.

Chapati says, "There are two questions on everyone's minds. First and foremost, just what kind of game will Hidden be, and, who would you say is the favourite in this mysterious competition?"

Yajima replies, looking back at Chapati, "Mmm. It's safe to say that Rufus of Sabertooth is probably the odds-on favourite. But, Gray From Fairy Tail is a dark horse in the running. And, let's not forget that Hope-chan is extremely popular, both in and outside of the guild. She seems to have grown in popularity over the past seven years, too. Considering Hope-chan is also known as The Goddess of Music."

Hope grins upon hearing that. She's grateful that the former council member Yajima is supporting Fairy Tail.

"Tch. Of course she's popular," Gajeel mutters.

Laxus smirks at him as he asks, "Jealous?"

"Of the kid? No way."

Chapati says, "Let's ask today's special guest, Miss Jenny Realight from Blue Pegasus."

Jenny smiles as she replies, "My fave? I'll be rooting for Eve, of course. He's got this in the bag!"

All the chosen contestants gather around the pumpkin as the crowd cheers. Hope smirks at Gray, standing beside him, as she says, "Just because you and I are on the same team, doesn't mean I'll go easy on you. I'm not going to hold back on any of you."

Gray smirks back as he replies, "I'd expect as much from you, Hope-chan. I'm going to go all-out, as well. So, hit me with your best shot."

"My mind is set on winning this competition as well! And then fair Juvia's heart!" Lyon proclaims.

Hope cringes as she imagines the bluenette doing the same thing at Lyon's proclamation, and declaring that her heart will always belong to her beloved Gray-sama.

Gray mumbles something inaudible under his breath.

The Fullbuster murmurs, "You know, before we start, I've got one question I've been dying to ask." He steps toward the pumpkin, putting a hand on his hip. "What are you?"

The pumpkin starts at that, looking slightly nervous. "Who? Me? My silly boy, I'm a pumpkin! ... as you can plainly see..."

Gray says, "Sorry. Was I not supposed to ask you that, or something...?"

Hope says, peering at the pumpkin curiously, "Well, he certainly looks like a pumpkin to me."

"Well, duh. On the outside. But, I mean, what's on the inside?" Gray asks.

Eve inputs, "He's always been a big part of the games, so I guess I never really thought about it."

The Mermaid Heel girl, Beth, adds, "Yeah. I figured the had to be somebody on the event staff in a costume."

They both grip their hands behind their backs as they say gratefully, "Good job, Sir! You've created an excellent character!"

Hope deadpans at them.

"Thank you! But I'm really only doing this because it's so funkin!!" Pumpkin chimes, surprising the Fairy Tail teams.

Hope groans, "Don't get too into character, please!"

Nalpudding says as he walks forward, and says, "Before we start, I got a little problem, see. I don't know exactly what this Hidden game is all about, but I think something stinks around here. And that something being that there's two Fairy twerps competing in this thing. No other guild is gonna have the chance to get two members in each round. So I say they got an unfair advantage."