Chapter 25

Hope's P. O. V:

"I can't believe we had to retreat!"

"It's just not fair!"

"We should go back! We have to get revenge for Levy!"

"We'll make them pay!!" A man promised as he slams a fist against the tabletop.

Lucy sits with her head bowed on a barrel against the wall, a depressed expression on her face. Natsu, the cats and I stand on either side of her, our arms crossed over our chests.

We'd retreated to Fairy Tail, and everyone is upset about having to flee. It turns out that Phantom Lord was targeting Lucy all this time because her father, Jude Heartfilia, had hired them to bring her back.

I wasn't angry at Lucy in the slightest. I glare about the room, just as upset as the rest of our guild mates.

Bisca and Alzac has taken Master Makarov to Porlyusica for treatment, but they haven't returned yet.

Erza, meanwhile, is in the shower.

Macao, Wakaba and a few other Fairy Tail members are gathered around a table with a map spread out before them.

Macao, a bandaid over his left eye, says in a serious tone as he points at a location on the map, "Okay, so their Headquarters is here, so I'm thinking we should try and hit 'em with some long ranged spells from this southeast hill..."

A bandaid stuck across the bridge of his nose, Wakaba states as he goes through a pile of explosive lacrima, putting them in a bag, "I'm bringing out all my explosive lacrima this time."

Holding open a book, Macao calls, turning his head, "Hey, guys! I'm gonna need some spell books for a holder type magic from the Archives!"

Gray says as he turns to Lucy, a promise in his voice, "Don't worry, we'll get 'em back for this."

"I know, it's just

"I know, it's just... All my fault," Lucy whispers as she bows her head a bit more, her fingers clenching into her blue skirt.

Elfman says with his arms crossed over his chest, "Being target by dangerous people is just one of the downsides of being rich. But, at least you're protected by a real man! Like me!"

I whip my head up and I snap at him harshly, "Would you give it a rest, already?!"

I gaze back at Lucy with a softer expression.

Happy says in confusion, "I've gotta say, I was shocked when I heard the news. Why'd you try to hide the truth from us, Lucy?"

Natsu steps towards Lucy as she replies, "I wasn't trying to hide anything! I mean, there wasn't a way to bring up the fact that I'm a runaway in casual conversation. I've been gone for a year, and my father hasn't cared. Now all of a sudden, he wants to force me to come home? He's done all those horrible things just to get me to go back! I hate his guts! Hell, if I hadn't run away in the first place, none of this would've ever happened..."