Chapter 24

Hope's P. O. V:

Natsu unleashes a blast of fire at his opponents, Gray creates ice spikes to attack his own enemies, I take down a bunch of enemies by using my Arc of Magic blasts and bolts, as well as beams and throwing them, my long silver hair swaying about my face.

Alec continues to cut down more enemies with his Golden Warrior requip.

Cana holds three magic cards in her right hand and calls out, "Card Magic: Lightning, Reverse Towers, Lovers... Reign of Lightning!"

With a sweep of her arm, Cana sends out a blast of gold lightning that strikes many Phantom Lord members, making them cry out in pain.

Gripping a magic ring on one of his fingers, Loke calls, "Ring Magic: Twister!!" He sweeps his right arm to the side and a tornado of wind bursts forth, sweeping up any enemies in its path.

With a cry, Elfman transforms his right arm through a deep purple magic circle to green scales along his forearm, and some sort of brown scaled clawed paw. "COME ON!! MAN UP!!" The big man commands as he swings his arm in a punch, taking out a bunch of men. "DON'T YOU WANNA... BE LIKE ME?!?!" He punches with the same arm again, sending more men tumbling.

"Whoa! That guy is brutal!"

"What happened to his arm?!"

"It's Takeover Magic!" Gasps a man wearing a brown cloak with the hood pulled over his head.

"Why would anyone let a monster take over their arm?!" Gasps another.

"You guys, that's Elfman!!" A man with spiky light purple hair states, sounding a bit frightened.

"I've heard of him! He kills monsters, then absorbs their powers! They call him Beast Arm Elfman...!"

Suddenly, gleeful laughter erupts from somewhere above us. All of us look up as a shadowy figure drops from the rafters and lands on a ledge with the Phantom Lord sign and symbol on it, actually splitting the sign down the middle.

"Is that...?!" A Phantom Lord member breathes in surprise.

"It's gotta be!" Agrees another.

I clench my jaw and narrow my eyes as I mutter, "It's the Iron Dragon Slayer, Blacksteel Gajeel!"

My eyes jerk wide when I see Nab leap up behind the Iron Dragon Slayer as he yells in anger, "YOU ATTACKED LEVY!!"

Gajeel throws his right arm up as it takes on the form of an iron club. The iron club slams into Nab's arm way before he could land his attack, and throws him away. With Nab still clinging to the end of the club, Gray and I gasp sharply when Gajeel sweeps the club right through his own guild mates.

"Oh, man...!" Loke exclaims in shock.

"What the—?! He just knocked his own guild mates with that attack!" Gray gasps.

I watch as Gajeel lands not too far away from me, his club returning to his arm. The black spiky haired man with bright crimson eyes chuckles as he challenges, his eyes glowing a vibrant red as they're being shadowed, "Show me what ya got! Unless you scum are too scared to face the great Iron Dragon Slayer!"

I grit my teeth as a tick mark throbs on my forehead. Great. So he's one of those cocky arrogant types. Why do we always seem to run into them?!

"'Too scared?!' Real men have no fear!!" Elfman shouts indignantly as he charges at Gajeel, transforming his arm into what looks like adamatine scales with a clawed hand.