Chapter 66

Hope's P. O. V:

My friends and I hide out back at James' cabbage field when they sun finally starts to disappear behind the horizon. We wait several hours for the culprit to show up.

So far, there's no sign of them.

"Ugh, what's taking so long?" Natsu complains from his hiding post.

"Be quiet, will ya?! Otherwise, they'll retreat," Gray says.

"Are you saying I'm too loud, Stripper?!" Natsu challenges in a flustered voice.

"So what?" Gray retorts.

Before the argument could escalate, I hear the crunch of feet on cabbages, and softly but firmly shush the boys. They immediately cease arguing and we duck back from view.

I cautiously peer out to see a white rabbit eating away at cabbages, with a little red haired boy with it.

I was confused as Natsu gives a cry, jumping out from his post. "Got you now, Cabbage Thief!!" The pinkette fries with flames around his fists.

I face palm, as do Erza and Lucy. "Idiot!" Snaps Gray as we dash out to try and stop the rampaging Dragon Slayer.

Natsu couldn't stop his fist on time from striking the little boy, who screams. The rabbit gives a squeal of fright.

I fly in between them and create a small square shield of pink ether to block Natsu's attack. He appears relieved.

Natsu pulls back only to be slapped in the back of the head by Erza. "Next time, don't rush in!"

"Ooowww! That hurt!" He whines, rubbing the back of his head.

I drop my transformation as I turn to the boy, who was already running away, startling me. "What the—?!" I gasp.

"Way to go, man!" Says Gray wryly.

"He's headed back for the forest!" Alec points in the direction the boy went.

I say, "After him!"

My teammates and I pursue the kid and the white rabbit into the forest.

💥💥💥

I fly next to my teammates as we pursue the boy. He sure runs fast for a little kid.

"Hey, wait!" I call as I spot the head of red hair. "We don't want to hurt you. We just wanna talk to you!"

But the boy wouldn't stop.

"He sure does run fast, doesn't he?" Says Lucy breathlessly.

"How are we supposed to catch him now?" Gray asks in exaggeration.

I put on a burst of speed and reach the boy and his rabbit in a few seconds. I thrust out my hand and a rectangular wall of ether slams down into the earth in front of the culprits. They start, and the boy clutches the rabbit to him as he falls on his behind.

The boy scrambles to his feet and whirls around to run the other way, but I've slammed another rectangular wall in front of him. I summon two more, trapping the boy.

"Was that really necessary, Hope?" Asks Gray as we stop before the prison.

"Of course," I say as the boy whips to me. "Otherwise, he'd have run away again." I take another look at the boy. He's the same age as Wendy with freckles and green eyes.

"Who are you?! What do you want with me?" The red haired boy demands.

"We just want to talk to you," Says Lucy as she holds up her hands placatingly. "None of us will hurt you, I promise."