Chapter 78

Pic above is Rogue Cheney—->

Hope's P. O. V:

"You sure you don't wanna come with us?" Lucy asks as she and the rest of a Team Natsu stand before me and my brother.

"Yeah. We're sure," I reply. "We have a different training location in mind." All members of Fairy Tail have started leaving to do their own training for the upcoming Grand Magic Games.

Alec nods in agreement. "Yeah. Good luck with your training, guys."

"Thanks, Alec!" Lucy says.

After that, we all split off to our separate training locations. While Team Natsu have gone to train at the beach, Alec  and I are going to a forest a few hours away, where there's also a pool. "This looks like a good spot!" I say as we set our bags down. The water in the forest pool looks so crystal clear that you could probably see right down to the bottom.

"As much as I wanna go for a swim," I say, grinning at my brother, "we did actually come here for training, only

"As much as I wanna go for a swim," I say, grinning at my brother, "we did actually come here for training, only." He nods in agreement.

"Alright!! Let's get to training!" Alec cheers enthusiastically, as he fist pumps the air while I grin.

Alec requips Moljnir and practises with it for awhile before he switches to Goldenwave in order to practise with his sword.

As for me, I sit cross legged in a patch of shade, underneath a dropping willow tree, as I try to focus my magic power to meditate and home my Ether Manipulation.

We spend the next several hours training non-stop.

💥💥💥

Later that night, after a day of hard training, and we'd had dinner, my brother and I lie on our backs as we gaze up at the night sky. Alec and I lie opposite each other. Fireflies dance in the clearing, and the sky was filled with countless sparkling stars; unlike anything I've seen before.

"So pretty!" I chime, gazing up at the star spangled sky. I smile happily. "I don't think I've ever seen so many stars in my whole life."

"Hey, Alec-kun?" I address my big brother.

"Hmmm?"

"Do you remember what I told you about primordial magic?"

"Sure I do," The blue eyed male responds. "It's the magic from which all others were created. The origin."

"When we fought Hades back on Tenrou Island, he'd said he wanted to get his hands on it." The memory of Hades flashes through my mind. "You also remember that Zeref and the Grand Magic World are apart of it. Though, I don't think there's anything scary about it at all."

"I don't get it, imotou-chan," Says Alec in a soft tone.

"It's difficult to explain," I say, "but if the primordial magic I told you about when we were younger is real, then, Hades wouldn't be able to get it. 'Cause it's not something tangible. From what I understand, it seems easy to get but it's very hard to obtain. And it's contradictory because even though it's more powerful than anything in this world, it can also be incredibly weak. I told you once, a long time ago, that all forms of magic begin with the power of love. That's why I think primordial magic actually prefers to love."