Chapter 56

Third Person's P. O. V:

Erza gasps as Natsu scowls at Lahar. Wendy begs, "No! Please don't take him away!" Jellal hadn't resisted when two of the Rune Knights had put the handcuffs on him. They prepare to lock him up in the awaiting carriage. "It's not fair! He doesn't even know what he's done. All his memory has been completely erased."

Lahar simply tells her, glaring down at the young Dragon Slayer, "Ignorance of one's crimes is no defence. Pemo Code Section 13 states this explicitly." He orders his men without looking at them, "You may remove the barrier now."

The knight standing next to Lahar answers, turning to him, "Yes, Sir."

Wendy steps toward them, still trying to persuade Lahat, "Hold on!"

"It's alright," Jellal tells Wendy in a calm voice. "I will not resist arrest." She gazes at him sadly. "Please, forgive me. I wish that I could remember you." Wendy's brown eyes start to waver as tears glimmer in them. "I'm sorry that I cannot," Jellal continues, his voice holding sincerity. "Truly."

Charlele steps forward with her paws tucked in her sleeves and tries reminding Jellal, "When she was lost and alone, you found her and saved her life."

Jellal says questioningly, "Did I? I may never know the harm I inflicted upon you and countless others. But at least I know at some point, I helped one person."

Natsu, Alec and Hope turn to Erza who had remained silent throughout all of this, her head still bowed. Jellal addresses her, "Erza. I won't forget your kindness."

He smiles at her before he turns and heads toward the carriage. Erza closes her eyes, her fists trembling. Tears drip down her face silently.

Jellal pauses at the stone faced Lahar who asks him, without glancing at the blue haired man, "You have anymore parting words?"

"No," Jellal responds as he flicks his gaze to the Captain.

"You'll get at least a life sentence, that's if you're lucky," Lahar tells him warningly.

Lucy stares at him with wide eyes as she murmurs, "No way."

Lahar says as Jellal is lead away, "In any case, you'll never see these people again."

"He's gone..." Wendy sobs.

Erza glares and is about to attack them to free her childhood friend, but Natsu beats her to it, startling everyone. Pretty soon, Gray aids Natsu in taking down the Rune Knights, then Lucy joins in and the rest of the wizards do, too. Hope and Alec hang back with a stunned Erza.

Hope says, as the fight continues to the point where Lahar orders his men to arrest them all, "Aren't you going to help them out?"

Alec adds as he gazes at the redhead with soft eyes, "They're doing this for you, just as much as they're doing this for him, you know."

This causes the female requip mage to snap out of her stunned state and jerk her head around to the Foster siblings. Erza was even more shocked when she saw forgiveness toward Jellal shining in their eyes.

Erza stares at her younger sister in shock for a moment longer, before she nods once and murmurs, "You're right. Thank you, Hope-chan, Alec."

The older S-class mage steps forward and says sternly, "That's enough! Stop this at once!" This causes everyone to stop fighting and to stare at her in shock. Lahar turns his narrowed purple eyes on her. Erza throws out an arm as she says, "I apologise for this disturbance. It's gone too far; I'm the one to blame." The black haired man stares at Erza with a mixture of surprise and annoyance. "Now, please. Take him away."