Chapter 58

Third Person's P. O. V:

"They're late," Hope says with her hands on her hips as she stands before Erza. "What could possibly be holding them up? It doesn't take this long to follow a simple lead." Erza has her arms crossed over her chest. The sun has set hours ago but Natsu and Wendy still haven't returned.

Lucy speaks up. "He was asking someone about the dragon sighting. You think he'd found what he was looking for?"

Macao suggests, "Maybe Natsu's playing catch up with Igneel right now."

Wakaba adds as Erza and Hope glance back at them, "Or he got tired of chasing rumours, got fed up, and called it a night."

Mira says with worry lacing her tone, standing behind the bar with her hands clasped together, "No. Normally I'd agree but Natsu had Wendy with him. He would've brought her back first."

Elfman states, his gaze flicking pointedly to Hope, "Salamander might be reckless, but he wouldn't keep a kid out this late at night. That's just not the kind of man he is."

Erza says seriously, a thoughtful expression on her face, "What's more, we still don't know what became of my attacker from this afternoon." She looks down. Erza had told them earlier about how she was attacked by something that resembled a wild animal after she'd ordered some cakes from a cake shop. It's now 10 0' clock pm, but Natsu, Wendy, Happy and Charlele still haven't returned, so everyone's worried about them. "He could've ambushed them, too."

Juvia says worriedly, "Juvia is afraid that Gray-sama is out there and needing her help." She clenches a fist determinedly. "We should form a search party immediately! If something's happened to him, Juvia will never forgive herself for not being there."

Macao tells the bluenette, "Gray is a big boy. He can take care of himself."

Wakaba adds, "Seriously! You worry way too much. It's bad for your health."

With a taut look on her face, Juvia hisses at the older men, "You'd be wise not to underestimate the intuition of a woman madly in love!!"

"She's definitely got the mad part down to a T!" Macao exclaims with dilated eyes of shock.

"At least we're not drowning in her tears!" Wakaba adds with the same expression.

"I'm going to look for them," Erza says as she turns to Hope and her brother. "Hope, you're with me."

She gives a single nod, purple eyes glinting with seriousness. "You got it."

"I should go with you," Says Alec wearily.

"Juvia will accompany you as well," The water mage says.

"You're gonna need a man with you—" Elfman begins as he steps toward them.

"No," Erza cuts in firmly. "We can't divide our forces so thinly. Remain on standby and guard the hall."

Mira gives a single nod and responds, "We'll do our part. Careful out there, you two."

Erza runs out of the guild hall, and Hope grabs Lucy's arm, dragging the celestial mage behind her. "H-Hope-chan?! What are you doing?" Lucy asks in confusion.

Without glancing back at her, Hope replies with determination set in her voice, "We gotta rescue Wendy, Charlele, Happy and your boyfriend, so I think you should come too."

"Oh. Okay. Wait!!" Lucy suddenly exclaims once she'd realised what Hope had called Natsu, causing the Heartfilia's face to turn beet red and steam to come out of her ears. "B-B-B-Boyfriend?!?!"

"Well, that's what you and Natsu-kun are, right?" Hope glances back at the flushed blonde.

"Wh... Whatever gave you that crazy idea?!"