Chapter 61

Hope's P. O. V:

Recently, we'd just had Magnolia's annual Flower Viewing Festival. My teammates and I had gone on a job to find a special herb for a client, but we'd brought some back as a prize for the winner of the bingo contest, which Erza won.

Lucy was unable to join the games because she'd gotten seriously sick from when we went on the job. Wendy had used her Sky Magic to help heal Lucy's cold, but she couldn't heal all of it. So, in order to cheer Lucy up, Natsu and Happy had actually dug up the cherry blossom tree and sent it on a boat down the canal outside Lucy's apartment. Gramps and the mayor were absolutely furious, as you can imagine, but it was pretty funny if you think about it.

I'm currently wearing my usual work attire, as I sit at a table with Cana while reading, and Happy eats a fish. Everyone had gone off on their own jobs, except for Wendy, who has just gotten back from a small job of her own, and is looking over the Request Board.

 Everyone had gone off on their own jobs, except for Wendy, who has just gotten back from a small job of her own, and is looking over the Request Board

Charlele says, "None of them are particularly enticing. Are they?"

Mira goes up to them and says in surprise, "Oh, my! You're back, and you're already looking for your next job." Wendy and Charlele look over their shoulders. "It seems like you're getting the hang of the work we do around here pretty quickly." The takeover mage beams at Wendy and Charlele.

Charlele says as she holds up a paw, "So far, she's only taking the small low paying jobs around the city, so she can stand to be a bit more ambitious."

"I'm trying!" Wendy says determinedly. Mira giggles at that.

"There's nothing wrong with taking small steps to build experience. It's perfectly normal to start that way."

I come over to have a look. Alec, Gray and Natsu also join, the pinkette's hands folded behind his head. "She's right," Natsu says, grinning. "But don't you wanna start getting into some of the big time jobs like we do?"

I say as I smile at the bluenette, "They're fun. And you get to visit some cool new places."

"Now that you mention it, the sooner I'm able to take on some of the bigger jobs, the sooner I can be more helpful to the guild!" Wendy says as Charlele gives a mushroom shaped sigh.

Max says, sitting at a table with Warren and Cana, "She just wants to do her part around here, huh?"

"Good on you, Wendy!" Warren praises.

"Now, that's the spirit! Young, idealistic, and full of heart," The Card Magic user says as she beams. "I'll drink to that!"

"Thanks a lot, you guys!" Wendy says appreciatively.

Happy says, "Lucy sure could take a page or two out of her book, huh!"

Lucy snaps as she glares at him, hands on her hips, "Are you saying I'm not helpful, or I've got no heart?!"