Chapter 88

Hope's P. O. V:

I was heading out of the stadium when Jellal catches up to me.

"Have you sensed that Zeref like magic power yet?" He questions.

"Not yet," I reply with a shake of my head. We walk beside each other of the stadium. "I wanted to try to focus on today's matches and the contest tomorrow morning. I'll try to find the magic power right after the contest tomorrow. Like I told you last night, it'll only take me a few seconds at most."

"Understood. How's your brother doing?"

"He should be out of the infirmary by tomorrow. He heals kinda fast with Healing Magic assistance."

"That's good to know. Listen, Hope, I've noticed how your brother has been with Erza during the Games," Says Jellal seriously. I stop and turn to him, causing Jellal to pause and face me.

"You have?" He nods.

"He seems to make her happy. Are they...?"

I wave my hands back and forth as I reply hurriedly, "Oh, no, no, no, no! It's nothing like that—yet. They're not dating or anything, though Alec does have a big crush on Erza. I keep urging him to tell her but... he doesn't want to come between you and her because Alec knows how much Erza still loves you."

This shocks Jellal. "She does?" I nod my head. "... But I can't be with Erza because of what I did in the past. How can I make her happy after what I did? While I still walk the path of darkness?"

I sigh softly as I say, "Look, Jellal, you know you love Erza, and I know it too. Alec also loves her. One of you has to make their move first before it's too late. You want Erza to be happy? Make her happy. Don't drag this out, Mystogan, or it'll be too late."

I was careful to use Mystogan instead of Jellal while out in the open.

"... You're right, Hope. Of course. If Alec makes Erza happy, then that's all that matters. I don't mind if they date, if that's what Alec wants to do. As long as I know she's happy," Jellal finally says.

I smile a little as I hold up a hand and say, "I'll be sure to let my brother know when I visit later." Jellal nods his head appreciatively and we go our separate ways.

"Hey, Rogue, are you busy tonight?" I ask as I use my Telepathy Magic, my body turning into ether.

There's a moment of silence as the Cheney is no doubt surprised to hear my voice in his head, but he responds nonetheless. "No, but I'll need to be at my guild's inn for little bit. Why?"

"Meet me in the Music Hall whenever you can get away from your inn. Just tell the Hall's director I asked you to join me."

"Okay," Says Rogue before we disconnect and I return to my normal form.

                      💥💥💥

I visit Alec in the infirmary later that night after having dinner with my guild mates. Alec has just had his own dinner and Porlyusica says he can be released in the morning.

"I can't believe you actually participated!" He exclaims once I'd finished telling Alec all about the matches, but he was shocked by Mira's match. An exasperated expression crosses his features. "I should have known the organisers would cook up something like that for Jenny's and Mira's match..."

"I used my new Ether Whip spell for the first time during the Bondage Gear scene," I tell Alec. His blue eyes bug in their sockets at what I just said.

"Wh-Wh-What?! B-B-Bondage Gear?!" I nod to confirm it. "Why did you enter it?! You know I don't want you doing stuff like that!"