Chapter 70

Hope's P. O. V:

"I hope everyone is doing okay," Says Alec as we walk through the forest to search for our comrades. He glances to me, in my Ether Form. I was trying to contact my guild mates with my Telepathy Magic, but I couldn't connect. "Well, Hope?"

"Ugh, I can't get ahold of them," I groan as I let my form fade.

"Maybe they've run into trouble as well," Alec suggests.

"And that's what makes me even more worried," I say with a sigh.

Boom!!

"Huh...?" Alec and I utter as we look up at the sky. Our eyes widen when we see the red signal flare, which could only mean one thing.

I share a concerned look with my older brother. I murmur, "Come on, nii-san!"

I take off at a run, and Alec quickly catches up with me.

"Please, guys! Be careful..." I think as we continue searching.

💥💥💥

It wasn't long after the red signal glare went up that Alec and I run into Levy who is supporting an unconscious and badly wounded Gajeel.

"Hope! Alec! Oh, thank goodness!" We look up to see Levy, looking battered and injured but otherwise alive. I blink my eyes when I see an unconscious Gajeel leaning against her shoulders.

I silently wonder how the heck Levy is able to carry the muscular man when he's twice her height, and weighs heavier.

"Levy! Thank god you're alright," Alec breathes as we rush over to them.

"What happened?" I ask as my eyes trail over the Iron Dragon Slayer. He was far more seriously injured than the petite bluenette carrying him. I gesture to a nearby tree. "Put him there, and I'll heal him."

Levy nods her head, gratitude in her olive green eyes. She and I rest Gajeel against the base of the tree, and I kneel beside him. As I heal the ravenette, Levy gives Alec and I a quick rundown on what happened earlier.

Apparently, we're being invaded by the dark guild known as Grimoire Heart; Levy had run off after a fight with Gajeel, but she'd been attacked by two of their members. Gajeel has arrived in time to save Levy, and had ordered her to warn the others while he stayed back and fought them. One of the Grimoire Heart members had told them that they're looking for the Great Black Wizard Zeref, who is said to be on this island. Gajeel had won, but not without suffering from serious injury.

Afterwards, Levy was found by Erza and Juvia, and they'd gone back to Gajeel.

It was impossible to believe, considering he was supposed to have died 400 years ago...

My heart was still filled with worry but I was relieved to hear that both my guild mates were alive. Once I was finished healing Gajeel, I push myself to my feet and face Levy. "I'll heal you now, Levy-chan," I tell her.

"I'll be fine, Hope," The bluenette says insistently. "Gajeel got the worst of it. Besides, we need to hurry back to camp to warn the others about what's happened."

I gain an expression of disbelief as Levy says this. I didn't believe her for a second, but I suppose she's right; we do need to get back to Mira and Lisanna as soon as possible. "Fine. I'll let it slide—but just this once," I quickly add, knowing that now isn't the time to be arguing about it.

"Thank you, Hope," Levy murmurs, as she nods her head in understanding.

I hold my hand out and Gajeel's body glows pink as I use my Telekinesis Magic to lift him up. I say, "This'll make it easier to carry him."

"Okay. Thank you." Levy nods. Using my Telekinesis Magic to carry him, we then start making our way back to camp.

After we get there, Levy and Lisanna set up a bedroll for Gajeel and lay him on it. I tend to the Solid Script Magic user's wounds too. Apparently, the female Strauss siblings have battled one of the members of the Seven Kin of Purgatory, Azuma of the East. The original tent had been blown up by the dark wizard, so Lisanna had set up another makeshift tent for the injured.

Unfortunately, since Mira was hit with a massive explosion, there wasn't much I could do to heal her. Lisanna was one of the only people aside from me and Alec who didn't get injured by Grimoire Heart.

There's a worried look on Lisanna's face, I tell her and Levy assuringly, "Don't worry. They're both breathing. They'll be okay."

Levy murmurs in disbelief as she gazes at Mira and Gajeel, "But, still... I can't believe Gajeel and Mira were so easily defeated..."

Lisanna murmurs as she kneels on the ground beside the bluenette, "I feel terrible about this; it's all my fault."

"No. It's not anybody's fault!" We turn to see a battered Elfman carrying an unconscious Evergreen in his arms, bridal style.

"Elfman-nii-san

"Elfman-nii-san...!" Lisanna gasps. Her brother's head is thrown back and he's shirtless as he sobs.

"As much as I hate to admit it... we don't stand a chance against Grimoire Heart...!" Elfman sobs, sounding defeated. "They're way too strong!"

Tears form in Lisanna's eyes at that. I clench my fist so tightly that my knuckles turn white and my nails bite into my palm, drawing blood. I mentally curse.

Elfman cries, "I'm a sad excuse for a man! I couldn't protect my nee-chan or my partner from those monsters..."

Closing her eyes briefly, Levy says, "It's time for us to come together."

Lisanna mutters, "Levy..."

"We all wanted to become S-class wizards so badly that we let the trial drive us apart. I know it was only for a little bit, but everyone was thinking about themselves instead of the guild. Well, we can't afford to do that anymore! Our enemy may be overwhelming, but we're the Fairy Tail guild! If we put all of our strength—and our feelings—together, there's no way they can beat us! Please everybody! We have to come together! I'm begging you...!"

"Levy-chan..." I think as I watch the bluenette.

Elfman steps into the tent and gently places Evergreen on the bedroll beside Gajeel. I heal Evergreen and then set about healing the male Strauss sibling.

Natsu and the others are out there, fighting the enemy... I'm going to do my part too and protect my guild mates here. I'll heal any of the injured that make it back, too.