Chapter 86

Pic above is Bacchus Groh—->

Hope's P. O. V:

After I help Lucy get Natsu to the infirmary to rest, I head back to my team's stands to watch the match between Kurohebi and Tobi from Lamia Scale. My heart is full of absolute joy from Natsu's speech, and I was practically floating from happiness.

I'm almost skipping up to the railing to stand beside Mira and Gajeel, a big grin on my face. "Well, someone's in a great mood," The takeover mage giggles from next to me, Gajeel on her other side.

"I guess I'm feeling a lot better after the Chariots contest," I say, grinning.

"How are Gajeel and Natsu doing?" Mira asks me.

"He's resting, but otherwise alright," I reply. I return my attention to the fight below. "Keep a close eye on Snake Man," I tell my teammates. " He'll definitely play dirty." I quickly glance at Flare and almost gasp when I see she's covered in bruises.

What the heck happened to her...?

Flare turns her eyes to me after being scolded by the armoured wizard, and mutters, "Yeah. I see you, too, silvie."

I return my attention to the arena to see that Kurohebi from Raven Tail is facing off against Tobi from Lamia Scale. The gong signifying the start of the match goes off.

"Ultra Poison Nails: Mega Mega Jellyfish!!" Tobi cries before he launches himself at Kurohebi and attempts to slash the ravenette with his very long dark green nails

"Ultra Poison Nails: Mega Mega Jellyfish!!" Tobi cries before he launches himself at Kurohebi and attempts to slash the ravenette with his very long dark green nails. However, being nimble, Kurohebi manages to twist and flip around Toni's nails.

When Tobi whirls around to slash at Kurohebi, the ravenette spins rapidly while in the air before landing with his legs spread, kicking up sand, as he skids back. His body then transforms into sand and he vanishes.

"He just vanished!" Tobi exclaims in surprise.

I widen my eyes as I hear Jura yell, "You fool!! He's using Mimic Magic!"

"Mimic Magic?!" I gasp, my purple eyes wide.

"You know it, Hope-chan?" Asks Mira.

"I've only read about it in books before—it's supposed to be super rare."

Kurohebi leaps out of the sand from right in front of Toby, and shouts as he blasts Toby with a wave of sand, "Sand Rebellion!"

Toby cries out in pain as he's hit with the spell. Kurohebi rematerialises, smirking.

I say, "From what I've read, Mimic Magic allows one to copy another's magic." I then thump my fists against the railing as I cheer at the top of my lungs, "COME ON, TOBY!! RIP THAT SNAKE FREAK LIMB FROM LIMB!!"

"Your cheering for the Lamia Scale guy?" Gajeel asks me in surprise.

"Of course! No way in hell do I want the snake freak to win!" I reply fiercely.