Chapter 49

Third Person's P. O. V:

"I can't believe this," Hibiki says as he struggles to push himself up on his hands and knees.

"They're way stronger than we thought," Gray mutters, looking up at the Oracion Seis.

"What's the matter, Brain? You going to cast the spell or what?" Racer demands, glancing at the white haired man.

"Do you know her?" Cobra questions, peering at his master.

"No doubt about it, that's Wendy," Brain states as he glares at her, "The Maiden of the Sky."

"What? 'Maiden of the Sky?'" Alec repeats in confusion.

"Wendy," Hibiki mutters. Hope was just as confused as the rest.

"What does that mean?" The blue haired girl asks in a scared tone as she crouches down behind the boulder and clutches her head.

Happy says, looking at the frightened girl, "I was gonna ask you." Wendy remains crouching, whimpering fearfully.

Brain says in a satisfied tone, "To think we simply stumbled upon her here." He closes his eyes as he smirks. "We've made quite a find, my friends. Grab her!" Brain adds as his eyes shoot open and he holds out his Magic Staff. A purple magic circle appears before it, and a dark green and black energy shoots out, into the air.

Lucy and Hope gasp, jerking their heads up at it. The green and black energy forms a giant hand right before it latches around Wendy. She cries out as the hand of dark energy hoists her high into the air.

"Wendy!!" Happy and Charlele cry, their eyes wide as they throw out their paws.

Wendy screams as she's pulled toward Brain's staff. Hope watches with wide eyes as she thinks, "Wendy...!"

"Unhand her, now!!"  Charlele demands, running after the blue haired girl, causing her screams to be cut off as she glances behind her.

"Help me!!"

Following close behind while holding a wooden baseball bat in his paws, Happy calls, "I'll save ya! As soon as I'm able to catch up!"

Leaning up on his elbows, Natsu asks, "Striking while we're down? That isn't fair!"

HotEye throws his left hand forward and an orange coloured magic circle appears as he says, "All is fair in money and war! Oh, yeah!"

Natsu gasps and his eyes widen as the earth beneath him turns soft like quicksand and rushes up around him and his comrades, making them cry out as they're thrown around.

The dark energy draws Wendy closer. "Grab my paw!" Charlele cries as she reaches for Wendy...

...only, Wendy grabbed Happy instead.

"Huh?! Uh, oh!" Happy exclaims as his eyes jerk wide.

Charlele exclaims, "You got the wrong cat!"

Then, the two of them are sucked into Brain's staff, screaming. Once they were pulled inside, the dark energy disappears.

"Wendy!!" Charlele and Natsu shout worriedly.

More bright green energy swirls around Brain's staff as he says in a disinterested tone, "I have no use for the rest of you. Begone!!" The energy bursts forth as he shouts, "Dark Rondo!"

Hibiki grabs Lucy and covers her body with his protectively as Ren throws himself in front of them. Lyon grabs Sherry and covers her body with his.

"Hope-chan!" Alec cries worriedly as he throws himself on top of the Arc of Magic user and covers her head with his arms protectively; Hope clutches the sides of her head and squeezes her eyes shut as she waits for the impact of the Darkness Magic spell.