Chapter 104

Third Person's P. O. V:

Atlas Flame roars before the Fairy Tail wizards. Erza questions, "Has the city's evacuation been completed?"

Macao responds, "Yeah. Just about done."

Romeo adds, "They're safe. The royal army is protecting them."

Makarov asks, "There are seven dragons. What do you suggest we do, First Master?"

Mavis replies, "I'm not sure, but we must do whatever we can to neutralise them."

Makarov says as he glances at Asuka, "I'm worried about little Asuka being so close to the front line."

Mavis asks as she looks at the young girl, "You're being very quiet, child. Aren't you scared?" Asuka says nothing but continues to gape at the flame dragon. Mavis smiles. "I imagine her fear is being overwhelmed by fascination. Laying eyes on a dragon is a unique experience. One that she will never forget and will have a profound impact on her growth as a wizard." Mavis looks back at Makarov. "I'll protect her. She should stay here, for now. We'll leave if we need to."

"I understand. Watch over her," Makarov instructs.

Gray says, smirking, "Looks like a fire dragon to me." Alec glances at Gray, standing beside Juvia. "What do you say we take him on, Juvia?"

"Yes, my darling! A monster like this is no match for our love!" Gray deadpans in exasperation at the bluenette. "We're a force of nature."

"Aaarrgghh! Okay! You and I need to have a serious talk. But now's not the time. Let's go," Gray groans in exasperation as he turns his attention back to the dragon. Alec watches as the ice and water wizards perform a unison raid, however, it had no effect on Atlas Flame, much to everyone's shock.

Atlas Flame prepares to unleash a breath attack as Freed whips out his sword and goes to nullify it with an Enchantment. Atlas Flame expels his breath attack, and all the wizards are hit with a powerful blast of heat that even breaks through Freeds Enchantment.

"You've gotta be kidding me! This is just like what we went through with Acnologia," Elfman hisses.

"I hope this ends differently," Gray mutters.

"Still standing after the roasting I gave you? You must be wizards," The flame dragon states with a hint of astonishment.

"Damn right we are!" Makarov snaps as he stands before Atlas Flame.

"Master," Alec gasps.

"What are you going to do?" Juvia questions.

A gold aura flares around Makarov's body as his eyes turn to angry white triangles. His body then starts changing size, getting bigger and bigger each second.

Makarov charges at Atlas Flame and punches his face. Everyone else braces themselves against the shockwave of wind that blows out from the impact. Suddenly, fire engulfs Makarov's fist and he jerks back, the flames dying out.

"All that power and nothing?!" Macao exclaims.

Alec narrows his blue eyes as he murmurs, "It didn't even faze him."

"No way," Romeo says in disbelief.

"There is nothing you can do. Humans will never defeat a dragon!" Atlas Flame charges forward and rams his head against Makarov, who throws his arms up in front of his face to protect him from the flames. A torrent of flames strikes the rest of the wizards, making them cry out as they're thrown back.