Chapter 18

Third Person's P. O. V:

"Persephone Gray, at your service!" She says as a few more Akatsuki members spill out from the trees. "Now, hand over the girl," She points to a weary Hope, "and I'll spare the rest of you."

"Why do you want Hope?" Lucy demands.

"So I can absorb her Arc of Magic," Says Persephone. "You have absolutely no idea just how powerful she is. As a practitioner of Lost Magic myself, I know that it's one of the Lost Magics that's closest to "The One" Magic. That girl is basically made of ethernano whenever she uses it. So, hand her over."

Gray and Natsu stand protectively in front of the stunned silver haired girl, glaring at Persephone.

"Not a chance!" Says Natsu, summoning flames around his fists.

"If you want her, you'll have to go through us first!" Gray adds.

"That's right!" Lucy says as Erza and Alec requip their armors; Erza her Clear Heart Armor and Alec his Assassin Forte Armor.

"Ugh, fine. What a pain," Says Persephone. "Get them."

The Akatsuki members charge towards the Fairy Tail wizards with weapons and magic ready. Erza and Alec slash at them with their swords while Taurus wields his giant axe.

"Fire Dragon Iron Fist!"

"Ice Make: Freeze Lancer!"

Gray and Natsu also join in.

Hope snaps herself out of it and fires ether bolts at Akatsuki members. "Arc of Magic: Magic Bolt!" They go down with cries of pain.

"It's useless to fight!" Persephone says.

"We will never give hope to you!" Erza snaps as she cuts down more men and women.

"I will not allow you to hurt my little sister again!" Alec growls, cutting down more members as well.

"She's one of us! We won't let you take her away!" Natsu growls, swinging his right leg out in Fire Dragon's Talon.

Hope feels like crying at his words.

"Yeah, that's right! If you mess with one of us, you mess with all of Fairy Tail!" Gray adds as he swings out a Battle Axe of ice, cutting down a few men.

"Then I'll just kill all of you and take the girl!" Persephone says. "Arc of Illusions: Nightmare!"

The fighting pauses as an empty town forms around them.

"Huh? What's going on?" Asks Lucy.

"This is my Arc of Illusion: Nightmare. No one has ever been able to get out of it, not unless you have outside help or are a powerful mate yourself," Persephone explains. "Oh, and your magic is useless. So don't bother trying."

Everyone falls silent as they try to figure out a way out of the illusion.

Hope feels the time wearing on, and feels as though a year has passed by. She concentrates and focuses on the illusion.

With huge grunt of exertion, Hope breaks herself it of the illusion, startling Persephone.

"What?! But how?!" Persephone exclaims.

"You're not the only one who specialises in Illusion Magic, Persephone," Hope says. She thrusts her hand towards Erza first, transforming into energy once again. "Magic Revival!" Hope transfers magic to Erza, breaking her out of the illusion first. Then Alec, Natsu, Gray, Lucy and Happy, then Taurus.

"Hey, we're out of the illusion!" Gray says.

"Does anyone else feel like a year has passed?" Asks Natsu.