Chapter 73

Hope's P. O. V:

"It's Laxus," Gray says in disbelief, as we watch Hades fall backward.

I smile in immense relief as I feel tears pricking the corners of my eyes. I murmur, "I never thought I'd be this happy to see him."

I still couldn't quite wrap my mind around the fact that Laxus is here, standing before Natsu and I.

Wendy questions, leaning up on her elbows, "Isn't he the Master's grandson?" I hear Erza gasp in disbelief.

Hades catches himself on his feet, and faces the young Dreyar. Laxus straightens as the Grimoire Heart master says, "I see. So you're a blood relative of Makarov."

"Tch. How pathetic," Laxus mutters. "You guys got beat so bad, you look like a bunch of tattered rags!"

Natsu smiles as he says, "No joke."

"What are you doing here, Laxus?" Erza questions, leaning up on her elbows. I knew just as well as she did that Laxus wasn't supposed to be here, due to having been expelled. Although, I'll admit, that even I'm glad to see the young Dreyar. He did just basically save Natsu, after all.

Laxus responds, without looking back at her, "I care to pay my respects to the first guild master. I used to be a member of Fairy Tail too, you know."

I sense Erza smiling in response to that.

"I was just planning to stop by Mavis' grave, so this is a big surprise. I certainly didn't expect to run into the second guild master." I blink my eyes at Hades. The sleeve on his right arm had been burnt away by Laxus' first attack, along with his gauntlet. Laxus adds as lightning crackles around him again, "I've got an idea. Since you're already here... how about I dig a grave for you, too?"

Hades says with a hint of disappointment, "My, what a shame. To think that poor Makarov would be burdened by such a pretentious grandson!" A dark purple aura swirls around Hades, as he readies his magic power.

 To think that poor Makarov would be burdened by such a pretentious grandson!" A dark purple aura swirls around Hades, as he readies his magic power

Laxus moves first. His whole body transforms into a lightning bolt and he flies around before heading straight for the old man. Laxus swings his fist forward and punches Hades right in the side of the face, knocking his head back. Laxus lands another punch and sends Hades flying back. Laxus manages to land a few more blows, and I smirk as I watch, feeling as though we've got victory in our hands.

Laxus and Hades continue to exchange blows. I was in awe as I watch Laxus battle Hades. He easily keeps up with the dark wizard. As the two fight, they also damage the ship in the process.