Chapter 37

Hope's P. O. V:

"Now I'm all fired up, even more than I've ever been before!!" I exclaim fiercely, grinning evilly at Jellal.

"I'm not going to let you get in my way!" He snaps back at me angrily. "This will be the end of you!" He holds up his left hand in a clawed form. "I've dreamed of this day, and I won't let a fool like you spoil it for me!"

"Ha! Sorry pal, but I'm a pretty tough kid." I say challengingly, "If you think you could take me, then come and get me!"

My magic aura vanishes.

Jellal throws his hands in front of him and a medium sized gold magic circle appears. Pulling his right arm back, Jellal grunts with exertion and unleashes several blasts of light at me. I jump back and run ahead. A bolt of light shoots toward me, but I leap up to avoid it, and it hits the ground instead.

I continue to dodge as more bolts of light shoot at me, and my Magic Dome of protection fades as I turn my focus elsewhere. I land on the ground and turn, dodging as I run. The bolts strike the ground where I was before. A dust cloud rises up around me. I exclaim as I leap into the air, pulling my left arm back as I clench my fist, "I've got you now!!"

Jellal holds his right arm across the front of his body. He sweeps it to the side and a bolt of light hits me straight on. I throw my arms in front of my face  to try and protect myself, my eyes angry white triangles, as my feet slam into the ground and I'm pushed back across the floor.

My feet scrape into the crystal covered floor as the bolt continues to push me back. I grit my teeth.

"HOPE!!" I hear Natsu and Erza scream worriedly.

I halt my movements and throw my arms outward with a war cry, dispelling the attack. Jellal gasps as his eyes widen in shock.

I say as I run at him, "Haha! You're so worried about wrecking your precious tower, you're not going to fight me full-on?! 'Cause I got the feeling you're holding back! And that ain't going to work against me!"

"I'd watch my mouth if I were you!!" He holds out his left arm and grips his right hand underneath his other wrist. A beam of light blasts from Jellal's left hand as he grunts in exertion.

The beam hits me and I'm sent rocketing backward. My back hits the floor and I flip over. I hold up my hands and summon two orbs of ether.

"Magic Beams!!" I shout, and thrust them downward. I spin as I cut a circle into the floor with a BOOM! I leap up to avoid falling into the hole I'd made.

"Magic Blast!" I shoot a powerful blast of ether at the floor as I land and it creates a resounding BOOM!

Jellal throws up his arms to protect his eyes from the bright light. Dust swirls around me as the tower shakes. Huge chunks of crystal fly everywhere. Jellal gazes at it all with a stunned, fearful look.

I vaguely hear Erza murmur, her voice stunned and brown eyes wide, "She's aiming... For the tower..."

Excess energy from my attack swirls around the floor, underneath me, before I drop to my knees in a crouch, a grunt escaping my mouth, the orbs in my hand having already disappeared. My face is dark as I chuckle lowly and grin evilly at the blue haired man, my bangs shadowing my gaze.

 My face is dark as I chuckle lowly and grin evilly at the blue haired man, my bangs shadowing my gaze