Chapter 42

Third Person's P. O. V:

After having been released from Freed's Enchantment, Natsu and Gajeel have gone looking for Laxus by tracking his scent, but so far, neither Dragon Slayer has found him, which frustrates Natsu greatly.

"Laxus, show yourself NOW!!" Erza demands as she runs through another street.

"If only I have something of Laxus', like a piece of his clothing, because then I could track him down easily with my Arc of Magic," Hope thinks as she flies through the streets of Magnolia in search of the Lightning Magic user. She'd changed back into her clothes she'd worn that morning.

Suddenly, a loud explosion blasts through the streets, causing Natsu, Erza and Hope to pause running and jerk their heads around.

Erza says with a hard expression, "That came from Kardia Cathedral!" Erza takes off running right after that.

"Laxus-kun..." The silver haired girl murmurs to herself, gazing up at the building where the massive explosion had come from, before she flies forwards again.

Eventually, Erza arrives at Kadia Cathedral, though she doesn't notice that Natsu has also arrived. "So, here you are!" The two exclaim, gaining the attention of Laxus and Mystogan.

Natsu jerks his head to the Requip Magic user and says in greeting, surprise in his voice, "Erza!"

The Requip Magic user glances at Natsu and says in return, "Hey!" Erza says in relief, "You've made it out of there."

Just then, a silver haired figure jumps drops in front of them, body glowing pink from ether, face set in a hard expression. Noticing Erza and Natsu, Hope greets, a smile briefly appearing on her lips, "Hey, Erza! Natsu! What's up?"

"Hope! You're alright!" Erza says in relief at the sight of the lightning mage. "I'm glad."

"Right back at ya!" Hope answers.

Natsu asks, looking at the masked man, "Wait! Who the heck is that guy?"

Erza and Hope follow his gaze. Hope responds, "That's Mystogan."

Mystogan gasps softly and covers his face with his right arm

Mystogan gasps softly and covers his face with his right arm. Laxus's eyes dilate as he tells Mystogan, "You're wide open!"

Lightning crackles around Laxus's left fist as he raises it into the air. With a grunt of exertion, the blonde man throws his arm down and sends a blast of lightning at Mystogan. The lightning blast strikes Mystogan head-on, creating a dust cloud. In the process, Mystogan's bandanna is ripped off his head, causing Hope and her teammates to gasp.

 In the process, Mystogan's bandanna is ripped off his head, causing Hope and her teammates to gasp