Chapter 99

Hope's P. O. V:

Upon reaching my spot, I murmur, "This is supposed to be it, but I don't see Minerva."

I suddenly sense a new presence behind me. With furrowed brows, I turn my head, only to freeze when I see Minerva Orland standing a few feet away. I turn to face her fully. She has a confident look on her face.

"Minerva," I state in way of greeting.

"Well, well. If it isn't The Queen of Magic," She says by way of greeting. A hint of disappointment laces her tone. "Though I was so hoping I might face Erza, but I suppose you'll do, Hope. Why don't we continue our fun from Day 4? Try to make it more entertaining this time. And, since your brother isn't able to interfere, I can do with you whatever I want."

I question, raising a silver eyebrow, "Are... you scared of Alec?" Her mouth presses into a thin line. "I knew it."

I activate my dark pink magical aura, while Minerva activates a purple one. The crowd watches in anticipation as we release our auras, causing chunks of rocks to rise up as the ground and air shake. Our magical auras fade and a rock drops to the ground. Once it hits the ground, I immediately change into my Ether Form as Minerva and I lunge for each other, multi-coloured orbs glowing around her fists, ether engulfing mine to enhance my punches' impact.

I cry out in exertion as I thrust my fists at the dark haired woman, but she raises her glowing orb to block. I grit my teeth as I feel power surging before there's an explosion ripping through the area. I jump back and continue to punch at her as Minerva punches at me in turn and blocks my attacks with her orbs. I swing the my left ether-filled fist against Minerva's right side, making her cry out as she tumbles.

I find myself smirking triumphantly.

Yes!

Minerva's mouth twists into a scowl.

Minerva places her hands together with her left thumb touching her right palm and I find myself suddenly trapped in a multicoloured orb.

Two multi-coloured orbs appear around her hands as she chants, "Niel, Wielg, Mion, Terse, Elcantaeus, Yagdo Rigora!" Minerva spreads her arms wide, and an enormous, stone-like effigy with intricate designs emerges from behind her

It lunges its giant fist down at me. I remain calm, still in my Ether Form, as the fist collides with me, followed by an explosion as dust rises up around the two of us, and the building behind Minerva becomes completely damaged. When it clears, and the effigy disappears, I'm revealed to still be standing, my facial expression completely blank, a huge dome of pink ether swirling around me protectively to block the giant fist of the Yakuma War God.

"What?! Impossible," Minerva gasps.

I explain, "While I can withstand a certain level of damage head-on, such as from Lyon Vastia's Snow Dragon, there are some attacks I still need my shields and domes for. I can make them as strong as I want to defend myself from any attack."