Chapter 90

The upcoming scene is loosely inspired by the Triton Destroys Ariel's Grotto scene in The Little Mermaid movie, as was Alec warning Hope away from Sabertooth.

Third Person's P. O. V:

Rogue and Hope tear away from each other and stare with wide eyes at the sight of an angry Alec.

"A-Alec...! W-We were j-just..." Hope tries to explain but trails off as Alec storm over.

"I know what you were doing," He seethes, grabbing Rogue roughly by the front of his shirt. "How could you—to my baby sister?!"

"I wasn't doing anything to hurt—" Rogue is cut off by the male Foster as a dark expression settles over his features.

"Spare me your lies, Sabertooth!" With that, he lands a punch in Rogue's face that sends him staggering backwards. Hope gasps, a hand flying to her mouth.

"Alec, stop—!" She attempts to cut in, grabbing his arm, but he ignores her and shakes her off. Alec grunts and knees the Cheney in the stomach, shocking him by Alec's strength as Rogue staggers back again.

Hope feels worry at the sight of blood leaking from the Dragon Slayer's nose.

Hope could do nothing to stop her brother as he continues knocking the Shadow Dragon Slayer around like a rag doll.

Hope realises during the fight that Rogue wasn't even trying to fight back. He was just letting Alec have it. Tears begin to leak from Hope's eyes as Alec lands another punch on Rogue's shoulder, knocking him away.

"I'll teach you to touch my baby sister like that again, Cheney!" Alec growls and Hope gasps sharply when Moljnir appears in his hand.

"Alec, no! No!" Hope screams, surprised none of their other teammates have heard the commotion by now. She's never seen her brother like this toward anyone before. But Alec doesn't seem to hear her as he prepares to hit Rogue with Moljnir.

"ALEC, I LOVE HIM!!"

Alec's arm halts mid swing at his sister's shout, his blue eyes just as wide as Rogue's. Hope lets out another sharp gasp as she covers her mouth with her hands. Alec gasps in shock. Rogue's face was a bit bloodied up by Alec. He was stronger than Rogue initially thought.

Alec slowly turns his head to look at the silverette who appears just as stunned by what she'd just confessed.

"Y-Y-You what...?!" The male Foster finally wheezes out once he'd found his voice again.

Hope slowly lowers her hands and feels her purple eyes hardening. Her voice is steady as she speaks this time. "I love him, Alec." This causes his grip to go slack with shock and Moljnir slams into the ground before dispelling back into its pocket dimension. "And there is nothing that you can do to change that."

The siblings seem to stare each other down.

Finally, Alec gives a soft sigh of defeat and glares at Rogue. "Don't ever let me catch you with my baby sister like that ever again, Cheney. Or next time, you might not be so lucky."

With that threat hanging in the air, Alec turns and storms back to his team's balcony.

Struggling to keep the tears from dripping down her face, Hope rushes over to the Shadow Dragon Slayer and drops to her knees beside him. Turning into ether, she immediately sets about healing him, beginning with Rogue's broken nose.

"I'm so, so sorry, Rogue-kun. I-I didn't know he was going to do that," She apologises in a broken tone.

Rogue peers at her with one eye open as he grunts, "Don't apologise, Hope-chan. I just wasn't expecting for him to be that strong."