Chapter 39

Hope's P. O. V:

A few weeks have gone by since the war with Phantom Lord and now it's the day of the Miss Fairy Tail contest. Alec and I drag ourselves out of bed early enough so we had plenty of time to get ready. I'm wearing a sleeveless pink top with a light pink floral cardigan over it and green pants.

 I'm wearing a sleeveless pink top with a light pink floral cardigan over it and green pants

I run a brush through my hair and leave it unbound. Once I'd finished washing up in my bathroom, I grab my headphones, put them on and turn on some music as Alec and I leave our house for the guild hall. As we walk through the streets, I notice that everywhere, people were holding colourful balloons, running some market stalls and getting things ready for the Fantasia Parade. I grin to myself. I guess I should explain the Miss Fairy Tail contest.

Around every October, Fairy Tail hosts its annual Harvest Festival which starts off with a beauty contest, the Miss Fairy Tail contest, and ends with the ever stunning Fantasia Parade, which is honestly my most favourite part of the whole festival. I've entered the Miss Fairy Tail contest the past few years and won.

I'm excited to see what my guild mates will be doing this year.

I also wonder if Lucy and Juvia will be entering...

"Hope-chan! Alec!"

"... Huh...?" Alec and I utter curiously. We pause and turn to see our teammates, Natsu, Gray, Lucy and Happy standing a few feet away with Juvia and a very familiar tall man with dark hair and dark eyes. It was Natsu who'd called our names. Natsu has his arms folded behind his head as he walks beside Lucy.

A huge grin appears on my face once the tall man's name clicks in my head. I pull my headphones down around my neck and call in excited greeting, waving, "Hey, guys!! Warren-san, you're back!!" Warren is a mage of Fairy Tail. He uses Telepathy Magic, and he's a master at it. I feel like I haven't seen the man in forever because I'd had my S-class trials, then my first S-class job, and not only that, but Warren's been away on tons of jobs himself. So, this is the first time I've seen him since I got back.

 So, this is the first time I've seen him since I got back