Chapter 11

Third Person's P. O. V:

"You were able to close the gate, even though I was in control," Sherry says in a tone of astonishment.

Lucy says smugly, "I guess that means I'm stronger than you."

"Well, I don't know if I'll take it that far," Sherry states. "Remember: my powers allow me to take control over any celestial spirit that you might call forth."

Whipping out a silver key, Lucy tells her, "Don't be so sure! I've got a few powerful spirits up my sleeve. Open! Gate of Canis Minor: come, Nikola!" With a flash of light, Plu, the little white dog with a pointy nose appears before Sherry.

 Open! Gate of Canis Minor: come, Nikola!" With a flash of light, Plu, the little white dog with a pointy nose appears before Sherry

"Oh, isn't he the cutest little thing! I'm in love!" Sherry coos.

"Would you quit talking about love all the time? 'Cause it's getting pretty old," Lucy asks in annoyance.

"Well, someone's bitter. Marionette Attack! Now you're my puppet!" Sherry says, holding out her hands. Plu starts toward her but stops short suddenly as the kanji for evil appears on his forehead.

"Plu?" Lucy asks, gasping as he whirls toward her. "Not you too!" Plu launches himself at Lucy and starts attacking her, but being as small as he is, he's causing hardly any damage. Sherry sweat drops as Plu keeps attacking, but Lucy remains unfazed, making the pinkette twitch.

"You're kidding me!" Sherry exclaims.

"I knew you'd fall for that!" Lucy says before she leaps up and swings her whip at Sherry with a cry of exertion. However, Sherry easily dodged to the side.

"You deliberately summoned a weak spirit!" Sherry notes.

"That's right! I knew that if I called forth little Plu, here, it would make your spell totally pointless!" Lucy states as she swings her whip for the pinkette again, but Sherry manages to dodge it.

Plu keeps uselessly attacking Lucy, causing Sherry to grumble, "Geez! I release you from command!"

Now free of the spell, Plu repeatedly bows to Lucy apologetically. "Awe! I know you didn't mean it. Now, go back, okay?" With a poof of smoke, Plu vanishes.

"Marionette Attack! Get her, Rock Doll!" Sherry cries, as rocks start to rise up behind her.

Landing in the ground, Lucy says, "We're going to keep going round and round, aren't we? I'll stop your Doll with a spirit. You'll take control of it, then I'll close its gate—" She's cut off when there's a heavy thud, and gasps up at the giant Rock Doll above her.

"It's like we're playing Cat and Mouse. I love that game," Sherry says. "Let's see what you can do, little mouse. You think you can beat my Rock Doll?"

Sweat dropping, Lucy exclaims, "Now, I think I'm in trouble! I don't think I have a spirit strong enough to destroy that thing!"

Lucy let's put a scream as the Rock Doll slams its fist on the ground, before Lucy takes off running for the beach. She's sent flying forward again when the monster throws another punch.