Chapter 108

Third Person's P. O. V:

Hope blinks her eyes when she sees a vision of herself dying. She looks at Rogue as she asks, "Hey, did you see that?"

Rogue nods. "Yes. It was like a premonition. I saw you die." Relief swims in Rogue's eyes as he gazes at the blonde, seeing that she's very much alive.

"Here goes!" Sting leaps into the air and shoots beams of white light at Scissor Runner.

Hope floats high into the air with her Ether Form activated, as Levia says, gazing around for the Shadow Dragon Slayer, "You cannot hide forever, Rogue, Hope. Show yourselves!"

Hope floats down on the other side and wraps ether ropes around the dragon's feet, holding it dow. "You're not going to get what you want! So, you can forget it!"

Rogue melds into his shadow behind Levia, and pops his head out of the ground. Rogue leaps out of the ground and fires bolts of shadow at Levia, knocking him off his feet with a pained cry.

Concern flashes through Rogue's eyes as he tells Hope, "Hope, I need you to get to safety. Whatever that vision was, I don't want it to come true. Get out of here. No arguments."

"But, Rogue...!" Hope tries to protest.

Rogue glares sharply at her. "You're not even a Dragon Slayer! I can't bear to lose you. Now go! And that's final!"

Hope purses her lips. She knew that Rogue only ordered her to leave because he cares about her, but... then, an idea pops into her head. "Fine. But promise me you'll both make it out alive."

"We promise," Rogue says.

Hope whirls around and starts flying off. "You will not escape me, Hope!" Levia growls as he chases after the Arc of Magic user.

Shadows slam into the side of his head as Rogue growls, "I won't let you near her!"

Hope pauses to gaze back as she breathes in awe, "Whoa!" Then she drags herself away and flies fast for the Adamantine Dragon.

Hope reaches Motherglare, who has shoved Atlas Flame into the wall of a building, and lands right beside Natsu. Both males were shocked to see her. Rogue's black and white hair is out of its ponytail, sticking straight up, and the right side of his face and arm are black, revealing his scarred right eye.

"What the heck are you doing up here?!" Natsu exclaims.

Hope didn't have time to marvel at what's happening around her, before ether encases Hope's left fist. She leaps forward and swings her fist, landing an uppercut in Future Rogue's jaw, knocking him back with a grunt at the pain.

"I'm going to knock you back to your own time!!" Hope growls. She lands a right hook to his other jaw that knocks the man back yet again, grunting.

"I won't leave until I'm finished here!" Rogue replies.

Hope demands, "Oh, yeah?! Then what'll happen to the Rogue from now?"

"He and I will eventually merge into one. Like two shadows overlapping in darkness," Future Rogue replies as he turns into a shadow and seeps into Motherglare's back.

"That's not gonna happen! I won't let you take away his future!" Hope shouts as Rogue's shadow slithers around them.

"If Acnologia lives, there is no future!" Rogue responds, startling Hope. Natsu tenses as Rogue's shadow gets closer. "That's why I came here—to take back our world!"