Chapter 10

Hope's P. O. V:

Natsu and I wind up back at the temple because we'd kept running in circles. We find Gray, lying, unconscious, on the ground.

Worried, I run over to him and Natsu waddles close behind.

Natsu says, as I get in my knees beside Gray, "Get up, Gray! Man, you look rough! He beat the snot outta you, huh?"

"Are you alright?" I ask.

"Natsu? Hope? What are you doing here?" Gray asks.

Natsu replies, "I couldn't remember how to get to the village, so Hope and I climbed back up to look for it. I see it now. Come on, let's go!" Natsu grabs the back of Gray's black shirt as I step back and slings him over his shoulder.

"Wait! I can walk," Gray insists. "Where's Lyon?"

I say, "Dunno. By the time we made it back, everybody had vanished." My eyes fill with concern but Natsu doesn't even glance at him when Gray starts to collapse. Instead, he tightens his grip and hoists Gray over his shoulder.

Natsu says, "Now, hold on! We have to get back to the village before they do!"

As we resume walking, I see Gray gazing at Natsu as he murmurs, "Hey."

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry," Says Gray, bangs hiding his eyes. "I'm sorry I didn't believe in you. I wouldn't know better." I was surprised to see tears leaking down his cheeks.

Natsu abruptly shouts, "QUIT FEELING SORRY FOR YOURSELF 'CAUSE YOU LOST A FIGHT!! YOU'RE A MEMBER OF FAIRY TAIL!! And we don't give up when times are tough, so just put it behind you and keep moving forward!"

Gray stares at him with wide eyes, while I smile at Natsu.

Natsu grumbles as we resume running in the direction of the village, "Oh, great! Now it's even harder to run!"

I can't help but laugh at that.

Third Person's P. O. V:

Lucy and Happy have made it back to the village. They stand amid the gathered tribe.

She tells the villagers in a serious voice, one arm held outward, "Listen up! The people who've placed the curse on you are planning to attack the village!"

A man with dark maroon skin asks, "And they'll come down to the village to fight us...?"

Lucy says as she drops her arm, "Yeah, but I've gotta plan! Capture them and lock them up until they tell us how to change you back!"

Murmurs break out amongst the crowd at this.

"I don't know..." Murmurs a civilian.