Chapter 8

Hope's P. O. V:

I stare at Mira with wide eyes, trying to process what she'd just said.

Wakaba utters, "Say, what—?! One of the jobs from the Second Floor is missin'?"

Macao states seriously, "But the jobs up there are S-class quests. Anyone know who took off with it?"

Laki, the girl with lilac coloured hair and round glasses, inputs, "Well, it's either someone really strong or really stupid."

"I know. A little blue cat flew up here and ripped it off the board," Came Laxus's cocky sounding voice, causing me and Mira to whirl towards him, a sharp glare on her face. Laxus sits on a chair on the Second Floor, his arms crossed over his chest and his feet propped up on the table in front of him.

"It was Happy?!" Mira gasps in shock.

Wakaba exclaims, "He must've stolen it for Natsu and Lucy!"

Macao demands, "That's crazy! What're they thinking?!"

Clearly they aren't thinking at all. How could Happy have done something so reckless?!

A man with chin length shaggy black hair with his bangs draping over his left black eye, utters disapprovingly as he frowns, "They've got some nerve taking on an S-class quest."

A woman wearing a black strapless dress, a broad rimmed tan coloured hat , a white and yellow scarf wrapped around her neck, with green hair that stops below her shoulder blades states with her hands on her hips, "I don't know if I'd call it nerve, but it's definitely dumb!"

Smirking, Laxus tilts his head back, as he says to Makarov, "That's a serious breach of the rules. Hey, Gramps! A stunt like that will get you kicked out of the guild. Am I right?"

Makarov stands on the bar counter, his eyes closed in a disapproving expression, his arms crossed over his chest.

"Not that it matters," Laxus laughs, making me narrow my pink eyes. "It's not like those three losers are gonna make it back alive from an S-class quest."

I glare daggers at him, scowling.

Mira stalks up to him, the backs of her hands on her hips as she also glares at the grey eyed man. "Laxus! If you knew, why didn't you stop them?"

I'd like to know, too, Mira!

He responds, sounding uncaring, "Oh, lighten up! All I saw was a blue cat flying off with a piece of paper in its mouth, trying to act all sneaky. I had no idea it was Happy. Besides, Natsu's not cleared for S-class. I never dreamed he'd break the rules."

Gray grows nervous as my face darkens more, my glare deepening as Mira's own face also darkens as she glares down at the blonde man.

Laxus flicks his gaze from me to Mira, a smirk curving his lips as he chuckles slightly, and says, completely unfazed by our expressions, "Hmph! You two haven't given me those looks in awhile."

Master utters to Mira, "This isn't good. Well?! Which job was it?"

Giving a smirking Laxus a sideways glare, Mira replies, "For lifting the curse on... Galuna Island."

My glare instantaneously vanishes and is replaced with a stunned expression as I gasp with everyone else.

"What...?!" Makarov and I exclaim in unison, the old man's eyes widening.

Macao and Wakaba exclaim at the same time, "Galuna Island?!"

Laki gasps with a hand over her mouth, her dark eyes wide, "Are they insane?!"