Chapter 34

Hope's P. O. V:

The sound of birds chirping fills my ears as I sit next to Gray in the small boat we're taking to wherever Erza and Happy are, a worried expression on my face. Juvia sits at the prow of the boat, Lucy sits opposite Gray, her right hand on the steering lacrima that controls the movement of the boat, and Natsu has draped himself over the edge of the boat, trying not to vomit into the ocean.

Lucy says worriedly as we sail along tranquil waters, the sky a clear blue above us, "I'm worried about those people who are stuck in the cards. You think they're okay?"

Alec replies, leaning his elbows against the side of the boat, "We let the military know about 'em before we left, so I'm sure they'll be fine."

"I hope so..."

"...." I don't say anything, just keep tracking Erza and Happy. I haven't said a word since we left the resort. I was being quieter than usual as I'm afraid for my sister and the cat. I just couldn't stop thinking about what could be happening to them right now.

I feel Gray look at me, and say, his tone of voice a bit softer than normal, "Don't worry, Hope-chan. I'm sure they're gonna be fine. We'll find them, you'll see."

Gray tries sounding positive, but it wasn't working.

"......" I still didn't say anything, and my solemn expression makes Gray, Lucy and Juvia sweat drop a little.

Gray suddenly asks, looking around, "Wait a minute! Where the heck are we?!"

Juvia responds, "I don't know. We've been following Salamander's lead."

Looking to the pinkette, Lucy asks seriously, "Natsu, are you sure we're going in the right direction...?"

Her only response was Natsu attempting to keep from vomiting, tears pricking his eyes as beads of sweat appear on his face, drool coming out of his mouth.

Lucy deadpans at him, smiling sheepishly.

Gray snaps in annoyance, his arms crossed over his bare chest, and a yellow tick mark of annoyance throbbing on the side of his head, his eyes annoyed white triangles, "Man!! We're relying on your sense of smell. Pull it together!"

Her eyes angry white triangles, Juvia snaps at Natsu, "How dare you disappoint my love with your childish actions!"

Gray mutters in exasperation, "Geez! I can't believe how easily they were able to knock us out and kidnap Erza and Happy. We're pathetic!"

A gloomy aura appears around me as I bow my head more at the reminder of our friends being kidnapped. Gray flinches in surprise as the others widen their eyes.

"Uh, it'll be okay, Hope-chan! Please don't cry!" Gray tries to calm me down as he waves his hands back and forth in a placating gesture.

Juvia states, "In our defence, they must've been powerful wizards to beat one as strong as Erza."