Chapter 97

Hope's P. O. V:

The sound of fireworks burst in my ears as I stand between Erza and Gajeel, wearing my new outfit for the final round.

I'm wearing a pink tank top, over which there is a red one-shouldered torn t-shirt with jagged edges, with a strip of white fabric at the bottom. I also wear a pair of red extreme mini shorts over blue knee-length tights. Over one hip is a transparent ruffled fabric. Around my neck is a pink choker with a blue jewel, and black tie. My shoes are red with pink-tint white heels, and bunched tops. I also have a pair of elbow-length, transparent, light pink fingerless gloves. My hair is tied with one braided pigtail, held together with a red band, on the right side of my head and a red double wire headband.

(Just minus the wings)

Chapati's voice floats into our ears, "This is what we have all been waiting for, folks! Impending you with exciting news, and incredible magic and emotional moments we will never forget! But, today, one guild will become number 1 in Fiore, and the winner of the Grand Magic Games! Ladies and gentlemen, it's been an honour, folks, but this time we'll end with my fellow commentator, the esteemed Yajima-san!"

"My pleasure!"

"We have a very special guest with us, today! You all know and love him as the official mascot of the Grand Magic Games, the always entertaining, Mato!" Chapati introduces.

"Heya!!" Lacrima screens appear and Mato's face appears on them, as he waves to the crowd.

"Usually, you're in the arena, acting as referee, but not today!" Chapati states.

"No, Sir! That won't be necessary because the day is extra special: the final match!" Mato replies. "Now, let's get things started and bring out all the competitors!"

"Currently, in 6th place and hoping for an upset, are the hunting dogs turn tail chasers, Quatro Puppy!" Chapati announces.

"It's true the drunken hawk Bacchis has been on the losing side this year, but he's still a force to be reckoned with!" Yajima states.

"Next up! The guild that exudes class and an intoxicating parfum, Ichiya Vandalay Kotobuki at the helm, it's Blue Pegasus!"

Mato says, "They're currently scattered at 5th place, but today's their chance to breathe in the sweet smell of victory! Good luck!"

"Here comes our 3rd place team, Lamia Scale!" Says Chapati. "Can Lyon Vastia, the ice wizard who rivals Fairy Tail's Gray Fullbuster, bring the heat into today's battle? Or, will his team just get frozen in their tracks?"

"He doesn't have to do it alone! Don't forget that cute little God Slayer, Shelia Blendi and the Wizard Saint Jura Neekis are extremely powerful as well!" Mato says pointedly.

I smile to myself. Jura-san! I hope we get the chance to do battle again.

"Indeed! That team could claim the title today," Yajima says in agreement.