Chapter 106

Hope's P. O. V:

I flip through Future Lucy's diary, my heart beating rapidly in my chest.

Virgo asks me, "What are you looking at, Hope-chan-sama?"

I reply, "It's the diary that belonged to Future Lucy."

The pinkette questions, "But I thought reading someone else's diary was considered poor taste?"

"Normally, it would be, yes, but this is Future Lucy's diary, and it might hold the answers we need to defeat these dragons. Besides, I'm sure Lucy will forgive me for reading her diary," I respond without looking back at her.

Virgo offers, "So, then, you're free to read my Punishment Diary, if you're interested?" I blink down at the page before me and don't answer her. ".... I guess I'll take your silence as a "no.""

July 4th, Year X791

It's July 4th, in the year X791. In my timeline, however, the Flower Blooming Capital of Crocus has been attacked by a swarm of 10, 000 dragons. We've lost everyone: Natsu, Gajeel, Erza, Wendy, Hope and Alec... they're all gone. I don't even know what happened to Alec or Hope during the attack. We got separated at sometime during the invasion.

I lost my keys during the battle, but I knew I had to go back and warn our past selves of the danger to come. There is a way to destroy the dragons, and to stop my terrible past from becoming their future.

They need to destroy the Eclipse Gate in their time, in order to destroy the one in my time. Then, those who came from the past will be forced to return to their own time.

I gasp, turning to Virgo, "This holds the answers we need! Virgo, take this back to Lucy. Tell her I said thanks for the clothes. She's a lifesaver. Thanks for your help."

"It was my pleasure, Hope-chan-sama," The Celestial Spirit responds before taking the diary and vanishing in a flare of light.

I activate my Arc of Magic and take flight, ether enveloping my body.

Just then, a few white beams come shooting for me as a bunch of baby dragons launch at me. My eyes jerk wide but jerk up higher, just narrowly avoiding the beams in time.

"Phew! That was a close one," I breathe in relief as I got away from them.

A beam of white light whizzes through the air toward me from behind. I stop short but form a protective sphere of ether around me. The beams bounce off it.

I feel my eyes glow pink as I say, "Arc of Magic: Eradico!!" Pink lines of ether crack upon the dragon's bodies until they explode. I grin. Just a destructive spell I learned awhile back. There's also another version I've yet to master.

I then fly off in the direction I saw Rogue go off in earlier.

I turn a corner... and become surrounded by a bunch of baby dragons. They turn to me, growling. A beam of white light shoots at me and I quickly create a round Ether Shield to block it.

The beam hits my shield but it holds. When the beam fades I release the shield, and perform the same Eradico spell from before. And, like before, the dragons' bodies crack apart before crumbling to the ground.

A loud explosion suddenly rings out, causing me to turn. I see a dragon made entirely out of fire slam into Motherglare. Motherglare turns and fires a bolt of energy, which completely obliterates a mountain. I watch as Natsu's body is enveloped in flames and he lunges for Future Rogue.

I smile as I murmur, "I believe in you, Natsu-kun. I leave Future Rogue to you."

My face returns to a serious expression as I look ahead, only to see more baby dragons appear. A couple of the dragons shoot beams of energy at me, from either side. I grit my teeth as I create my round Ether Shield spell to block them. When the beams fade, I let loose a volley of Ether Bolts.