Chapter 22

Third Person's P. O. V:

Persephone is knocked back by Sesshomaru appearing before the unconscious Hope, sword swinging. He straightens and stares down the blonde woman.

"You. Why do you insist on protecting this girl?" She demands to know as Alec and the other Fairy Tail wizards feel relieved Sesshomaru had gotten to Hope in time. "You're not even from the same guild."

"... I refuse to let you hurt Hope any further," Sesshomaru says. "She spared my life when she had to kill me, yet she chose to spare me. So I refuse to let you or anyone else harm her."

"Water Slicer!" Persephone sends out blades of water but Sesshomaru holds up his hand and uses his Reflector Magic to send the attack back at Persephone. She gasps before ducking to avoid it. Persephone attempts to send out a cyclone of water at the white haired man, but he reflects that too. And her next attack, and the next. His face remains impassive all the while. Persephone scowls fiercely when none of her attacks have even scratched Sesshomaru.

"Fall back," Says Sesshomaru before a green magical aura starts to swirl around him. The other members of Team Natsu gasp as the ground and air around them begin to shake violently. It intensifies so greatly that even Persephone steps back, purple eyes wide.

"His magic aura... it's so intense..." She murmurs.

Sesshomaru informs Persephone, "I won't hesitate to cut you down if need be. This is your last chance to retreat and to take your men with you. I won't give you a third warning."

Natsu and Gray gulp audibly in fear as they stare at the white haired man with wide, stunned eyes.

Sesshomaru and Persephone have a stare down for several more minutes before the female guild master scowls and holds her arm out to her guild members, calling, "Those who can still move, retreat! We're returning to Akatsuki." They don't protest before grabbing their fallen comrades and retreating. Persephone gives Sesshomaru a dark glare. "Next time, I will have what I want, Sesshomaru."

With that, she flees with her guild members.

Team Natsu and Evie rush over as Sesshomaru's magical aura fades.

Alec drops to his knees beside his sister as his requip fades and he cradles Hope in his arms. "Imotou-chan?" Alec presses. He gets no response. Alec looks up at his teammates. "She's only unconscious."

Erza requips back into her traditional armor before saying, "Let's get back to the guild and have Porlyusica examine Hope's injuries.

Natsu, Gray, Lucy, Happy, Sesshomaru, Evie and Alec nod their heads in age before the Paladin Requip user picks his sister bridal style and they start to return home.

Hope's P. O. V:

I wake up to a white room and the feeling of blankets wrapped around me. I take a moment but then remember what happened before.

I sit up and see it's day time outside. I silently wonder how long I've been unconscious for.

"Imotou-chan?" I whip my head around to see Alec sitting up in the chair beside me. Relief swims in his blue eyes.

"Alec-kun."

"How are you feeling?" He asks as he helps me to sit up.

"I'm fine. How long was I out for?"

"Three days. Porlyusica said you'd wake up in three days. Sesshomaru and Evie are still here, by the way."

"Three days, huh?" I mumble to myself.

"Yeah," Says Alec. "Everyone's been waiting for you to wake up. Do you want to go down now?"

I nod my head and get out of bed before I follow my brother out of the infirmary and down the stairs. I blink my eyes at those chatting, laughing and drinking. I don't spot Sesshomaru right away but my gaze soon finds him leaning against a supporting pillar with his arms crossed over his chest and face impassive. Evie is chatting and laughing with Lucy and Erza. She seems to have gotten along really well with those two.