Chapter 71

Pic is of Rustyrose—->

Hope's P. O. V:

It has started to rain later, the sky above now a deep grey. At some point, Lily had shown up at the camp.

I say as Lisanna, Levy and I gaze down at the black Exceed, "Natsu-kun and the others are headed this way?"

Levy states in relief, "It'll be so good to see everybody again!"

"Well, they should be here soon. In fact, they're following Charlele to the camp as we speak," Lily says.

Lisanna sighs in relief, "Oh, thank goodness! With so many wizards down, we need all the help we can get. Although, Hope-chan was able to heal them."

Lily informs, "We'll be adding one more to the wounded when they arrive with Master."

Alec scowls as he crosses his arms over his chest, "I can't believe those jerks beat him like that."

Lisanna murmurs, glancing at the blue eyed male, "I know..."

"Well! They're gonna pay!" I promise, as a dark grin stretches across my lips, instantly causing the others to sweat drop. "We'll send them running for the hills!"

Levy adds as she nods her head, "If we work together, we can pull it off! I know it!"

The sound of feet walking through water causes us to turn around with gasps of surprise. Walking toward us is a tall man with grey hair wearing a pair of shades, his hands stuffed in the pockets of his jacket.

He suggests, "Here's an idea! Why don't you surrender? Nothing wrong with that. Differences in power are bound in this unbalanced world of ours." The grey haired man adds as he points at us, "Feel your drums pound faster in their cages, and prepare yourselves for oblivion! Because that's where you're headed."

Lily shouts as he grows in size, "Oh, yeah?! That's what you think, scoundrel!"

We glare as we face down this grey haired man. Suddenly, there's an explosion and a burst of light, followed by a huge surge in magic power.

I ask as we gaze toward where the beam of light shot into the sky, "Do you feel that?!"

Lisanna says, "It's overwhelming!"

Lily states as he turns back to the enemy, "This presence... it's stronger than the others combined."

"It seems an annoyance has reared its ugly head. Does he intend to disturb my glorious feast?" The grey haired man introduces, "The Seven Kin of Purgatory have come calling. My name is Rustyrose. I spy a feast of dreams waiting to be devoured."

I state firmly, "We need to protect our friends with everything we've got left."

Lisanna says in agreement, "There's no way I'm gonna let another one of those creeps hurt my sister without a fight!"

Lily warns us, "I'm afraid I can't stay in my battle form for that much longer. We'll need to put an end to this quickly."

Rustyrose murmurs in disappointment, "Three young girls, a boy and a cat guarding the infirmary?" Rustyrose glares back at us. "Oh, dear! And here I was, hoping to be involved in a more epic battle! Well, no matter!" He raises his hand above his head as he adds, "This is the hand Fate has chosen for me; so I shall play it unbecoming of my mercy!"

My clenched fist is trembling as Levy demands, "I don't understand it! How can you people just be so cold hearted?! Did you get to be the strongest dark guild by preying on the defenceless? How is that supposed to show your strength?"