Chapter 159 - Christmas Preparations

It is now a little while later, and the whole group have currently all settled down in the living room, and are watching a nice Christmas movie which Alura and Ruby chose, all while they are just finishing eating their food. Of course, after Kara pushed Alex into the pool, the redhead was angry with her sister for a long while, with Eliza also telling her youngest daughter off. But eventually things calmed down, and Alex got Kara back a bit by stealing a bunch of her potstickers, and then giving them to Alura so Kara couldn't take them back.

"What time are we all getting up tomorrow?" Eliza asks, as they all continue to watch the film.

"Uhhh.... I'm not sure." Kara shrugs.

"6AM!" Alura exclaims.

"No. We are not getting up that early." Lena replies.

"Awww..." Alura pouts.

The adults all chuckle at Alura's response.

"How about we get up for around 9?" Sam suggests.

"That sounds good to me." Kara nods, with a smile.

"Yeah. Me too." Alex adds.

"Good. 9 it is then." Eliza smiles, "What time is everyone else getting here?"

"Uhhh.... I've told everyone to get here for around 12, and we'll have our 'Christmas dinner' at around 2 or 3, depending on how long it takes us to cook everything." Lena explains.

"Okay." Eliza nods, "Well, tomorrow I'll make sure that we all have everything ready to cook, so all you ladies don't have to worry too much over that."

"Eliza, you're our guest here. You shouldn't have to do any of the cooking. I'm sure we can all handle it." Lena says.

Eliza gives Lena a caring smile after the brunette says that.

"Don't worry, dear. I am happy to help. In fact, I am quite looking forward to working with all of you to make this lovely Christmas dinner." Eliza says.

"Even Kara?" Alex asks, with a smirk.

"Yes, even your sister." Eliza replies.

"Hey! I'm not that bad!" Kara pouts.

"Kara.... you could literally burn soup...." Alex says.

"That was one time!" Kara pouts.

Sam and Lena both chuckle at hearing the sisters argue like that.

"ANYWAY...." Eliza says, interrupting, and stopping her daughters from continuing to argue, "I am happy to cook with all of you tomorrow, it is part of the whole Christmas experience."

"Kara said something similar to me when I suggested I just hire a cook to cook for us tomorrow." Lena chuckles.

"Well, she's right." Eliza smiles.

"Guys, shush! My favourite part is just coming up!" Ruby says, as she continues to watch the movie.

"Sorry." Lena says.

The group all then return to watching the movie, with them eventually moving on from eating their dinner, to the adults drinking a nice amount of alcohol, although not too much to make them drunk or anything.

*******************

It is now a few hours later, and the group have watched 2 movies now, and it's presently close to 10PM. Alura and Ruby are both currently sitting pressed against one another, looking very tired, while Sam and Alex are cuddled close together, and so are Lena and Kara, while Eliza is sitting on a chair by herself.