7.2. Inside the Predator's Forest - Anya

〜Hello Again! ( ✌︎'ω')✌︎

I'm excited to be here again! I hope you are still rooting for Damianya!❤︎ I think in this case, Anyas POV is essential to understand what really happened. I wrote today's chapter while I was listening to the song GOT7- NANANA, I recommend you to listen to this song while reading.

I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it! (๑>◡<๑)

Enjoy!

After that day, I didn't have the courage to go to school again, I also knew that we would be occupied next week with the concert, and, after that, with all the preparation for the School's Challenge. I did talk to Damian a few times, but I was too nervous to carry on a conversation with him, I completely lost the ability to act "normal"...

10/31

The day of the challenge finally arrives, and the only thing I can think about is NOT being in this with Damian, I don't know what will happen anymore If I'm alone with him, I lost control of the situation completely... It's a fact that I have feelings for him, I know this clearly now, I don't know why, but...He makes me crazy. Even though he's the target for my family's mission, he's...an enemy... I can't, I just, can't.

Teacher: Let's see who does the courage challenge with who. Remember that, as a pair, you need to manage to arrive at the school cabinet by yourselves in the dark of the forest. You're only allowed to bring food, and light and just in case you don't find the Cabinet before the sun goes up a sleeping bag. The first ones to arrive at the Cabinet will get a Stellar Star. Now, let's announce the couples.

The teacher starts taking papers out of the urn, I'm praying to not go with Damian.

Teacher: ...Anya Forger and Damian Desmond. Elegant coincidence for you two to be paired up together again.

Dam it! Of course that some part of me is happy about it but... I really wanted to avoid this. During recess I write a message to my father asking him to please send me a map or coordinates to arrive at the cabinet as quickly as possible, If I know the route, I will be able to make the trip as short as possible.

The classes finish and the challenge starts at 22:00. So Becky tells me to go to the mall nearby. Se sit in a cafetería to drink some coffe.

Becky: Anya...Are you okay? You are being very strange lately...What's going on? - Becky can always see right through me... - The face you did when they announce you were paired with that jerk spoke itself, but, why? You were very keen to go to the Karaoke with him a few weeks ago.

Anya: I...I have... I think I have feelings for him...

Becky: Meaning...what?! Do you mean you love him or something? - She asks me serious whispering.

Anya: I can't stop thinking about him, and he's, crazy you know? Just crazy. - I tell her all that happened between us two.

Becky: No way...I did suspect a bit on the School Competition.

Becky's thoughts: Man...They are into each other pretty hard...

Becky: I don't understand Anya, I know he's an arrogant jerk but I don't think that's reason enough to avoid someone that you want that much...

Anya: What If I told you that, for some reason, I know we can't be together?

Becky: Be more specific.

Anya: I can't...Just imagine that situation. What would you do then?

Becky: Then honey, you only have two options: Or stop everything that's going on right now so you don't fall into him even more or...you could enjoy the time that you have as much as you can. I would enjoy the time that I have left you to know, this way, at least for a second, I could be happy with the person I like...-She becomes quiet.