Chapter 164 - Lillian's Second Message

It is now a few days after New Year's, and Sam and Alex are just arriving at Kara and Lena's penthouse to come and pick up Ruby. After the New Year, where Alex and Sam got engaged, Kara and Lena offered to allow Ruby to spend a few days with them, so that the newly engaged couple could have some alone time to 'celebrate'. Ruby didn't seem to mind this one bit at all, because she got to spend a couple of days with Alura and Eliza, while also being in Kara and Lena's penthouse, with a swimming pool, which she absolutely loves.

"Hey, how are you guys?" Kara smiles, as she and Lena greet Sam and Alex.

"We're great." Sam smiles happily, her wedding ring sparkling in the sunlight.

"Yeah, we are." Alex nods, with a big smile too.

"I'm happy for both of you." Lena smiles herself.

"So, how as Ruby been these last few days?" Sam asks, "I hope she hasn't been too much trouble?"

"No. Not at all." Kara replies.

"Yeah." Lena agrees, "She has been having a great time with Alura. Although, admittedly it has been a bit of a challenge to get Alura and Ruby to actually go to bed, as they have both been staying up most nights, chatting with each other instead of falling asleep."

"Awwww.... That's nice." Alex smiles.

"Yeah.... I guess so." Lena says.

"Ruby was a bit sad when Eliza had to leave yesterday. But Eliza gave her a big hug and kiss, and promised to call her soon, and that seemed to help." Kara says.

"Yeah, well, Ruby really does like your mom." Sam smiles.

"Well, it probably didn't help that Eliza consistently kept calling Ruby her future granddaughter." Kara says, "Which likely gave Ruby a bigger attachment to Eliza."

"Awww that's really nice." Sam says, feeling very touched that Eliza said that to Ruby.

"Anyway, I'll go get the two trouble makers, and let Ruby know that you guys are here to pick her up." Kara says, "I'm sure the three of you want to talk about.... whatever.... you guys have been up to."

"Yeah, we want to gossip about how your sister railed me good with a strap these last few days." Sam smirks.

"AHHH GROSS!!" Kara groans, putting her fingers in her ears.

Kara then uses a limited amount of her super speed to leave the living room area, and heads upstairs where Ruby and Alura are. This leaves Sam, Alex and Lena down in the living room to talk.

"So... did you guys have fun?" Lena smirks.

"Yeah. We did." Sam nods, with a smile, "Let's just say.... we took full advantage of not having Ruby in the house with us."

"Uhuh." Alex nods, looking at Sam with a smile, "In fact, I'm pretty sure this is the first time either of us have worn any clothes in almost 3 days."

Lena chuckles upon hearing that.

"Well, I'm glad the two of you clearly had a very good time together." Lena smiles, happy for her best friend, and her future sister.

"Yes, and we are thankful that you and Kara were so kind as to take care of Ruby for a few days so we could do this." Sam says.

"Of course." Lena replies, "I know you two would do the exact same for me and Kara. In fact, we'll probably have to talk about it later, but for the first week of Kara and I's honeymoon, Alura is going to need someone to watch her for a week."

"And we'd love to have her." Sam smiles.

"Yeah." Alex agrees, "And I'm sure Alura and Ruby will get into all sorts of trouble together."