Alternative Ending

celebrating two year anniversary of this story!

*
*
*

Draco and Evelyn
where Harry and Evelyn never got together.

Hogwarts was now in ruins. The great hall filled with mourns of those who lost their families and friends. Everyone had been affected by the war and would never be the same. Drastic changes to their lives were to come.

Seeing the injured and dead, guilt began building up. Evelyn stood in the entrance of the great hall only staring. What if she had died instead of those who lay lifeless on the ground? Why did she survive out of everyone else? Was she worth surviving?

She wasn't the only one who felt this way. Harry had to run out of the great hall. Nobody stopped him. He needed to be alone and they all knew that. No one felt more guilt than Harry. Evelyn only watched him run away as Ginny followed. She couldn't be next to him. She couldn't be next to him hug him and tell him, it's alright. Their love never began and their feelings were left in the past.

Some love started with the war and some ended during. People spoke whatever was on their mind thinking it was their last. Ron and Hermione was an example. Some people didn't get the chance to speak their minds. It was too late.

"I need some space," Evelyn said turning away from Ron and Hermione. They didn't say anything back respecting her and let her walk away.

Some parts of the castle remained untouched, one of them being the astronomy tower. Evelyn walked up there recalling all the memories as she passed the corridors. Some of her happiest memories and some of her worst.

She leaned against the balcony looking out into the still beautiful horizon. The sun had set and everything was so peaceful. Everything was quiet for once. She closed her eyes feeling the night's breeze kiss her face enjoying the lonely night.

"Got something on your mind again?" A voice asked from behind her.

Evelyn turned around fast surprised to see Draco standing behind her with a grim face. "I thought you left."

"I came back," Draco answered walking up beside her and staring out into the horizon.

"Why?"

"You wouldn't like the answer."

Silence followed. The two stood side to side just staring at the night sky.

"So, what's on your mind?" Draco broke the silence.

Evelyn looked at Draco, "what's not on my mind?"

Draco scoffed softly, "I'm leaving. For good."

"I know," Evelyn looked away, "why did you come back?"

"I wanted make sure I'm leaving," Draco said turning to face Evelyn.

"Meaning?"

"I came back for you," he said and silence followed as Evelyn turned to face him. "I always come back for you."

"Why?"

"Because I'm painfully in love with you."

Another silence followed as the two stared into their eyes. The joy in their eyes that they had as a child were no longer there.

"Really?" Evelyn asked almost in a whisper.

"Really."

Draco inched forward carefully before stopping himself. Evelyn leaned in and placed her lip on his. Though surprised, Draco cupped her face kissing her gently. Their kiss was slow and gentle like they were afraid to hurt each other. They were scared to break the other further than they already were.

Draco pulled away and the two put their foreheads together. "I waited for you," he whispered.

"I know," Evelyn whispered back.

"Tell me to stay and I'll never leave you."

"Stay."

"Done," he whispered kissing her again.

*

(A/N)

It's been a year since I wrote this story. I think that's. Crazy. Who knows? When this story hits 2M, I might even add that smut scene.

I was laying in bed one day thinking how a girl exactly the opposite of Evelyn would act and start writing my second story, "You Know I Love You."
I'd love... love your support!