Godric's Hollow

❝︎It might be selfish, but am I to blame for only wanting love.❞︎

Godric's Hollow.

"What are you up to?" I asked sitting down on the bed beside Harry who played around with the golden snitch. "Thinking about the dance you and Hermione had last night?"

He looked at me furrowing his eyebrows, "I'm only kidding. I know Hermione's just a sister to you. Besides, how could you leave me? The girl you've only dreamt about since your third year" I said making him laugh, "What were you thinking about anyway?"

"Maybe we should go to Godric's Hollow. You know, Bathilda Bagshot knew my parents and Dumbledore as well. Maybe she knows a thing or two. But I'm not sure if that's the right place to be since Vold-"

"Don't say his name. It's a taboo. I was thinking with Ron how the death eaters found us in the cafe. Who would say his name if not us? And I also do think you-know-who would expect you to go there. It's not safe."

"But I just... Have a feeling that I should be there. It just feels right."

"I would've believed you if you were under Liquid Luck but right now I'm not sure. We can discuss it with Hermione and see what she has to say, and then we can decide."

"Alright," He said staring at the golden snitch in his hands.

"That's not the only thing you were worried about is it?" He didn't answer and continued to stare at the golden snitch, "Maybe it didn't open because you caught it in your mouth our first year Harry."

His eyes lit up and slowly brought the golden snitch closer to his lips, gently kissing it. Slowly, words began to appear on the snitch reading 'I open at the close'. He jumped sitting up straight and looking at me surprised with a small smile.

"You're brilliant Ev, you always figure things out."

"Yeah... I suppose," I said trying to smile. I always figure things out but not how to save you. The only idea I have right now is to not let you fight Voldemort anymore. Slow the time it takes to destroy other horcruxes, give us more time together, and more time for me to figure out what to do. If we never go to fight, Harry won't have to die. It might be selfish, but am I to blame for only wanting love. All I need is just more time and I swear I'll figure something out.

"But what do you think that means?"

"I don't know. Let's tell Hermione this and maybe she'll figure it out."

"Alright, after that we should head straight to Godric's Hollow."

"Tonight?"

"Yes, of course tonight Ev. Everyday there are people dying waiting for us to destroy all these horcruxes."

"...Maybe not tonight?"

"I- What? Why?"

"I'm not feeling well."

"What? What do you mean? Are you feeling sick? Are you alright?" He said placing a hand on my forehead to check my temperature, "No... You don't have a fever. Maybe it's the locket, I knew it wasn't a good idea to give it to you even for a second. Take it off and give it to me."