Year 5-14 | Prophecy

Beyond the door was a large room with many shelves. On those shelves were countless Crystal balls with different labels on them. The whole time Harry did not let go of my hand, he held it tightly as he examined the room closely. It was dark, without the usage of the lumos spell it would be impossible to see anything. Behind us the door we had come from started moving revealing the other half of the room also filled with countless prophecies.

"Stay by my side" Harry turned towards me to which I nodded. He started rushing somewhere past the shelves counting the number on them pulling me with him.

"92, 93, 94, 95.." He stopped just after the shelf labeled 95 examining the empty place. His breath was uneasy and he was looking around frantically.

"He should be here" He said turning to face the others. Sirius Black was no where to be found, this was a trap. You-know-who wanted Harry to see Sirius getting tortured. He knew Harry would come even if it were a trap.

"Harry, this one's got your name on it" Neville called out staring at a small crystal orb containing a prophecy that shined a little brighter than the others. Harry quickly rushed over letting go of my hand and picked up the ball carefully.

"The one with the power to vanquish the dark lord approaches... Born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies... And the dark lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the dark lord knows not... And either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives... The one with the power to vanquish the dark lord will be born as the seventh month dies"

We all looked at each other with our breaths shaky. The prophecy was talking about Harry and you-know-who, one must die at the end.

"Harry!" Hermione called out looking into the dark hallway of shelves. At the end of her gaze a man approached us wearing a mask. Harry quickly walked over to Hermione standing in front of me. I took out my wand from my pocket and raised it, the grip on my hand tightening as the man's footsteps echoed through the room.

"Where's Sirius?" Harry asked raising his wand at him.

"You know you should be able to tell the difference between dreams..." He paused whipping out his wand. With a quick stroke the mask disappeared into a black mist revealing Lucius Malfoy. "...And reality. You saw only what the dark lord wanted you to see. Now hand me the prophecy"

"If you do anything to us I'll break it"

A loud cackling sound echoed through the room as a woman approached us from behind Lucius.

"He knows how to play! Itty, bitty, baby.. Potter"

"Bellatrix Lestrange" Neville's hand clenched tightly around his wand. From all around us more death eaters slowly approached us.

"Neville Longbottom is it? How's mom and dad?"

"Better now that they're about to be avenged" Neville said pointing his wand at her. I quickly held him back as Bellatrix too raised her wand. We should act more carefully, they're death eaters compared to us students.