Year 6-9 | Burrow

Christmas came around and everyone was gathered in the burrow. Professor Lupin, Fleur, Tonks, Hermione, and all the Weasleys except for Percy. Mrs. Weasley seemed extremely sad by the fact Percy hasn't been even wanting to spend any time with her or any of the other Weasleys. I wasn't surprised, he's being brainwashed by the ministry.

"You drank a a fire whiskey?" Fleur rolled over on her bed looking down at me. Ginny and Hermione already left our room since Ginny does not want to be anywhere near Fleur.

"Yeah," I replied sighing.

"Do you remember anything that happened during the Christmas Party?"

"Unfortunately, yeah, I would much rather not remember. I was a total... Bitch to Draco,"

"Well drunk words are sober thoughts, I bet you felt better after being a bitch,"

"No, I feel terrible,"

"Just apologize,"

"Yeah right," I scoffed. "How was it staying at the burrow with Mrs. Weasley?"

"Lupin was very kind to me. He taught me English, treated me as his own child,"

"That's great, at least you didn't have to suffer all by yourself,"

"What about you and Harry?"

"I'm going downstairs," I replied not wanting to talk about my relationship with my sister knowing I'd get made fun of.

Downstairs, Mrs. Weasley already decorated the house with Christmas trees and other decorations. There were a lot of food on the table including a cake with a tiny snowman figure skating on it. The house smelled of the burning wood from the fireplace and it was cozy, like home.

In the living room, Harry was having a conversation with Tonks, Mr. Weasley, and Professor Lupin. They seemed to be having some sort of deep conversation that I probably shouldn't disrupt. Instead of walking in, I stood in the doorway leaning close to the wall trying to hear their conversation.

"It comes down to weather or not you trust Dumbledore's judgment. Dumbledore trusts Snape therefore I do," Professor Lupin spoke. Harry must've told them about Draco and Snape, the two being involved with Voldemort.

"Dumbledore can make mistakes he said so himself"

"You're blinded by hatred!"

"I'm not-"

"Yes you are," Professor Lupin raised his voice interrupting Harry. "People are disappearing Harry, daily. We can only place our trust in a handful of people. If we start fighting amongst ourselves we're doomed,"

Silence filled the room and I couldn't hear anything else. I heard two pairs of footsteps making me jump and before I could run away, Tonks and Professor Lupin came out.

"Sorry sir, I didn't mean to eavesdrop," I said backing away a little and looking away.

"It's alright Evelyn," Professor Lupin said nudging Tonks. She eyed the two of us before leaving, giving me a reassuring look. The two started dating according to Fleur, for a while too now. I probably never noticed this since I wasn't in the right state of mind the time I first met Tonks.

"Chocolate?" He asked reaching down his pocket and pulling out a chocolate bar.

"Sure," I replied with a smile taking the chocolate bar.

"How are you holding up? I heard about your encounter with Voldemort," He began to speak cautiously and quietly.

"I'm doing fine sir,"