Year 1-7 | First Game of Quidditch

❝︎One day, I hope that could be me scoring points for my house.❞︎

07: First Game of Quidditch

I woke up at 6 as usual being the first one up and head to the bathroom to put on my robes. I was about to tie my hair as usual when Harry's words came up on my head. "you look nice with your hair down" I smashed the brush on the bathroom counter feeling my face heating up.

"Blimey Evelyn, what was that," Hermione asked walking in rubbing her eyes. Her hair was usually bushy and a mess but it was especially messy right after she woke up.

"Sorry"

"I really don't get why they call you an Ice princess, I've seen so many different emotions from you the past 2 days," She said brushing her hair. I can't help but smile, she was right. I am way more comfortable with her than anyone in my life, except my family of course.

"Today's Harry's first Quidditch game" Hermione added on, "We should go and watch it." Watch Quidditch? Sure but the only Quidditch matches I've been to are with the minister in the minister's box. It is so quiet in there filled with soft laughs and small talk. They don't have private stands in Hogwarts though...

"I would love to, I just don't exactly know how to cheer," I said.

"You'll get the hang of it," She says linking my arm and pulling me to the Great Hall for breakfast. Not long after, Ron and Harry walk in sitting with us, Harry next to me and Ron across from us.

"Morning," Harry greeted me as he sat down.

"Good morning," I say meeting his eyes remembering his words. I felt the back of my neck and felt the hair, it was weird considering how much I have it up. His words kept repeating in my head making me bury my face in my hands for a moment before tying it back up into a ponytail.

"Good luck today Potter, now that you've proven yourself with a troll, a little game of quidditch should be easy work for you. Even if it is against Slytherin." I looked up to see Snape who was now leaving limping.

"That explains the blood," Harry said, I knew what he was talking about.

"Blood?" Hermione asked furrowing her eyebrows.

"Listen, last night I'm guessing Snape let the trolls out as a diversion so he could try to get past the three-headed dog. But he got himself bitten, that's why he is limping"

"Well, why would anyone go near that dog?"

"The day I was at Gringotts, Hagrid took something out of one the vaults. Said it was Hogwarts business, very secret. That's what the dog's guarding, that's what snape wants."

I looked at Ron who just shrugged, I didn't exactly know what was going on either. Hermione was about to ask something again when we heard Hedwig, Harry's owl, fly in dropping a package. We all helped to open it revealing a Nimbus 2000. Gabrielle has the same broomstick, I recognize it. But who could've given it to him?

Harry turned his face towards all the professors smiling at Professor McGonagall, Hedwig even flew over to her sitting at her side. Of course, it was Professor McGonagall. The same person who wanted Harry to join the Quidditch team in the first place.

~***~

I followed Hermione and Ron to the stands standing at the very front. All the stands were incredibly crowded with every single professor watching. Everyone was cheering on for their team and I just sort of stood there.

"This is a really important game for us, we have to win. It's against Slytherin" Ron explained to me to which I nodded. Everyone was cheering as the players did warm-up laps around the field. All I did was clap, Ron did explain to me the rules of Quidditch but I still didn't know how to cheer.

The game started and the Gryffindor players were going left and right surpassing defenders. The Gryffindor chaser, Angelina Johnson, was amazing at Quidditch. She looked so cool taking shots, flying past defenders, and just... Flying in general. One day, I hope that could be me scoring points for my house.

"Angelina Johnson scores! 10 points for Gryffindor!" Gryffindor cheers. I looked over at Hermione and Ron who are screaming and clapping. I was about to let out a scream when I remembered Mother's words. "Be graceful and elegant" .

Our team was extremely good, our two female chasers were beyond perfection. Not only did they have perfect coordination, but they were also just amazing at the game. I started to feel jealous, they looked so free and happy flying on their brooms. Our keeper, Oliver Wood was doing great too. One of the Slytherin must've gotten frustrated though and hit Oliver causing him to go down. Gryffindor now without a keeper was easier to get scored on. Now it was a tie, 20-20

"What's going on with Harry's broomstick?" Hagrid asked from behind us. I looked over and his broomstick was going crazy as if it had a mind of its own. I watched in concern to notice the broom flying Harry, instead of Harry flying it. It looked like it was trying to drop him.

"It's Snape! he's jinxing the broom!" Hermione yelled out after looking at the stand with all the professors through her binoculars.

"Jinxing the broom?! What do we do?" Ron asked panicking.

"Leave it to me" Hermione said leaving Ron and I together. Ron looks at me confused and I shrugged.

"She's got it" I reassured him. I know Hermione's got it, she's incredibly smart. But it surprised my that not one professor noticed Harry's jinxed broom. We both anxiously looked up at Harry who is now holding on to the broom for his dear life.

"Come on Hermione" I muttered under my breath.

"LOOK! Snape's on fire!" Ron yelled nudging me. I looked over and he really was on fire, it started off from his cape and only then did the professors reacted to anything. We both looked back to Harry who now gained control over his broom fighting for the snitch.

The Slytherin seeker was tight behind him as they both dove so close to the ground for the snitch. Getting close and closer, the Slytherin seeker eventually gives it up. Harry on the other hand, continues to chase it standing on his broom with his two feet. He was so close to getting it when he fell off, standing in the middle of the field gagging. I expected him to vomit but to my surprise, he throws up the snitch, winning us the game. The Gryffindors start roaring and clapping. I smiled and clapped without the yelling.

~***~

We walked with Hagrid towards his hut while we told him about our suspicions with Snape and how he was jinxing Harry's broom. I wasn't paying attention to it because Ron was constantly telling me how Quidditch is the best game ever.

"Now listen to me... All three of you" Ron and I looked back up to Hagrid. "You're meddling in things that aren't meant to be meddled in. It's dangerous. What that dog is guarding is strictly between Dumbledore and Nicholas Flamel,"

"Nicholas Flamel?" I asked.

"I shouldn't have said that, I should n o t have said that" Hagrid muttered walking away. "I shouldn't have said that.."

"Nicholas Flamel.. Who's Nicholas Flamel?" Ron asked turning towards me. He's been doing this often as if I have the answers to everything.

"I don't know," I replied shrugging.

꧁♡꧂

Thank you for reading my story! Commenting / Voting greatly helps the growth of this story :)

(A/N) Year 1&2 are very short chapters, I'm sorry :c