Sword of Gryffindor

❝︎The boy needs to die❞︎

Sword of Gryffindor.

Harry's POV

I woke up to Hermione sitting on my bed reading a book. My head felt fresh as if I've been out for days. Evelyn wasn't awake yet laying down on her bed with the locket still around her neck. She didn't look fine at all, she had cold sweats.

"Harry- you're up," Hermione said as I sat up.

"What happened?"

"You've been out for a few days, the snake bite."

"What happened to Evelyn?"

"Same thing. She has a minor fever too. Common cold. She'll be fine."

"Well Hermione she doesn't look fine-"

"There's nothing more I can do Harry."

I didn't reply and only sighed getting out of bed, "Where's my wand Hermione?" She hesitated before replying looking at me sympathetically, "Where is it?"

She pulled out two pieces of wood, my wand snapped in two barely holding onto each other with just a strand of a phoenix feather. Looking at the severed wand only crushed my hopes. "Don't get mad Harry, the locket can make people do things they'd never even think of," she said.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Evelyn broke it."

"What?" I said in disbelief. I was in complete shock. Evelyn would never do that. Hermione must've saw something wrong. No, Evelyn would never do such thing. "You clearly saw something wrong Hermione."

"No, I saw her break it just before you two lost conscious. I know what I saw Harry. I'm sure she had a good reason."

"Bullshit," I muttered watching Hermione's eyes widen, "I don't believe it and I won't believe it unless Evelyn looks into my eyes and says she broke it on purpose. Give me your wand for now Hermione," I muttered. She opened her mouth but no words came out. I didn't bother and just stormed out of the tent. There's no way she'd betray me like that.

Evelyn's POV

I slowly opened my eyes finding Hermione sitting right beside my bed reading her book. I felt refreshed like I hadn't slept like this in forever. No one else was inside the tent except for Hermione and I. I slowly began to remember everything that happened before apparated back to this forest. How much of a close call it was with Voldemort almost killing us, but most importantly, I broke Harry's wand.

"Hermione," I called out for her sitting up straight, "Where's Harry and what happened?"

"He's outside getting some air. How are you feeling?" She said putting her book down.

"Really refreshed."

"That's good. So erm... Do you remember anything from before you fainted?"

"...Yeah, yeah. Everything."

"Why'd you do it?" She asked. Why did I break his wand... For us. It's true I didn't want him to fight against Voldemort but never my intention to go as far as to break his wand. I have to say, I do stand by that choice.