Year 2-13 | Un-Petrify

❝︎Was I finally dead? If so then I'm
proud of myself.❞︎

Year 2-13: Un-Petrify

Evelyn's POV

I woke up gasping for air. I remember wishing for a more quicker death as I lost conscious. Was I finally dead? If so then I'm proud of myself. I didn't even let a single tear fall from my eyes as my body start to weaken.

"Evelyn" I heard a familiar voice call out for me. I got up grabbing my head, it was still hurting a lot for sure. I can still feel pain, I'm still alive. I looked up and saw Ginny, her eyes filled with guilt and then at Harry. A smile formed on his face but he was out of breath, face covered in small cuts. I looked down at his arm that was covered in blood.

"Harry, You're hurt" I looked around to see blood all over the floor and behind me laid the Basilisk. So this is what it looks like.

"Don't worry. Evelyn, Ginny, you need to get yourself out. Follow the chamber and you'll find Ron" Harry says covering up his bloody wound. He was dying, I would know what it looks like. Then, there was a sudden shriek, the cry of a phoenix. We all snapped our heads towards the sound and surely enough came the phoenix. It landed besides Harry looking at him eye to eye with so much curiosity.

"You did brilliant Fawks. I just wasn't quick enough" The phoenix lowered his heads hovering over Harry's wound, starting to cry letting droplets of tears fall on it. As soon as the tears hit the wound it sealed everything up as if nothing was there in the first place. The color of Harry's cheeks returned as his breath steadied.

"Of course! Phoenix tears have healing powers. Thanks!" Harry said with a smile on his face as Ginny and I watched in amazement.

"It's alright Evelyn, it's over. It's just a memory" He says turning to look at me. I smile as he helps me up pulling me around his shoulders making our way out of the Chamber of Secrets.

"EVELYN!" Ron threw his arms around me and then at Ginny.

"Hello there!" An oddly cheerful voice called out from the side. In the darkness I saw Gilderoy Lockhart looking a bit more stupid then he usually does.

"What happened to him?" I asked.

"I'll explain everything later, but for now grab on to me" Harry says grabbing on to Ron's leg who was carrying Ginny and was being carried by the Phoenix. I wrapped my arms around Harry's waist as we flied up. As soon as we made it back up into the girls lavatory, profesor McGonagall was ready to assist me into the hospital wing.

~***~

Madam Pomfrey did a few checks on me, I was exhausted and that was all. She gave me a potion to drink that was good for my condition right now and let me go. I walked through the corridors to head to the great hall when I saw a tall man with long blonde hair.

"Miss Clermont" Lucius Malfoy called out my name with his steady cold voice.

"Hello Mr. Malfoy" I said politely.

"I assume you'll be attending the Malfoy ball with your family?" The annual Malfoy ball. They held it every year during the summer break and invited all the important people and pure blood families to their manor.

"Yes Mr. Malfoy" I nod trying to give a faint smile. I hated the Malfoy ball, most of the times they were filled with supporters of the dark lord or even death eaters. Speaking of, Draco had told us his father knew who opened the Chamber of Secrets 50 years ago which of course turned out to be you know who. He was a supporter of the dark lord meaning he could be a death eater. Given the circumstances it was very likely, I just have a gut feeling.

"Very well. I look forward to seeing you there" He smiles before heading to Dumbledore's office.

~***~

I sat in the hall eating feeling many different eyes on me. Some of pity, some of curiosity. Worlds spread fast in Hogwarts, nothing stayed a secret. Soon Ron and Harry came inside the great hall sitting besides me.

"Thank you Harry" I say smiling at him.

"For what?" He asks while Ron is too busy stuffing his food in his face.

"Saving my life of course" I say wrapping my arms around his neck giving him a hug.

"Nearly Headless Nick!" A boy yelled from the Gryffindor table. I let go of Harry who seemed to be thrown back and turned towards the entrance to the great hall. Nearly Headless Nick was greeting everyone pulling his head off. If he was un-petrified then that means-

"Harry! It's Hermione!" Neville shouted as Ron Harry and I turned to face Hermione standing in the entrance of the great hall with a huge smile on her face. We got up out of our seats as Hermione ran past everyone staring at her and giving Harry and I a big hug. She then faced Ron and awkwardly shook hands. God they're in love with each other.

"Welcome back Hermione" Ron says awkwardly.

"It's good to be back- Congratulations you two solved it!" Hermione exclaimed with a huge smile across her face.

"Well we had loads of help from you, we couldn't have done it without you" Harry says.

"Actually, Evelyn figured everything out. I only helped her out a little bit, she even sacrificed herself for me. Speaking of.." Hermione gives me another big hug. "Don't you ever do that again or I will tear your limbs apart."

"Thanks," I said pulling her away.

"Could I have your attention please?" McGonagall tapped on her cup as we all sat back down in the Gryffindor table.

"Before we begin the feast-" Dumbledore stood up from his seat. "Let us have a round of applause for Profesor Sprout and Madam Pomfrey who's mandrake juice have been so successfully given to all that had been petrified," Everyone clapped for the two professors- Well everyone except Draco and his little group of friends.

"Also in light of the recent events, as a school treat, all exams have been canceled!" The students roared out in cheers except for Hermione and I. I only smiled and clapped as Hermione frowned in disbelief.

The door of the great hall opened making all the students go silent. In the doorway stood Hagrid.

"Sorry I'm late! The owl that delivered my release papers got all lost and confused. Some rotty bird called Errol" Hagrid said walking down the great hall. Errol, that was the Weasley's owl. I remember in the Ron getting a howler and Errol landing in the food. Hagrid walked fourth until he stopped in front of us and looked down at us.

"..And I'd just like to say that I- It it hadn't been for You harry, Ron, Evelyn, and Hermione of course, I would uh- I would still be at you know where. I just like to say, thanks." Hagrid said, I nod giving him a genuine smile as Harry got up out of his seat to hug him. Soon, Dumbledore rose from his seat and clapped followed by McGonagall and many different professors and many other students rose to clap and cheer.

"There's no Hogwarts without you Hagrid" I said getting up to clap for him. The great hall filled with claps and roars as we all cheered for Hagrid. Everything seemed so perfect and happy. A year rolled down Hagrid's and Hermione's face. What a beautiful way to end the year.

Almost too good that it scared me.

꧁♡꧂

Thank you for reading my story! Commenting / Voting greatly helps the growth of this story :)