Year 5-16 | Someone Worth Fighting For

I picked up a copy of The Daily Prophet on my bed, it was filled with so many different stories.

'DUMBLEDORE. POTTER, VINDICATED'

'MINISTER TO RESIGN?'

'UMBRIDGE SUSPENDED PENDING INVESTIGATION'

'HOGWARTS HEADMASTER REINSTATED'

'APOLLINE CLERMONT AND LUCIUS MALFOY ARRESTED'

'HE WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED RETURNS'

I sighed placing the prophet back down on my bed. One night's event left many traumatized. Harry had lost the last family he had, Draco's father was now arrested and known widely as a death eater. I'm concerned for Draco, I went through the exact thing he was going through right now. We really did have a lot in common.

Speaking of, I was unfair to Harry as well. Ever since I walked in on Cho kissing Harry I haven't really talked to him or give him the chance to talk to me. After all, I'm not his girlfriend, I'm his best friend and I should be happy for him.

When I walked back out in the common room, it was empty. Everyone was out at the feast celebrating quite a few things including Dumbledore's return. Paintings were back up on the wall and everything went back to normal. I walked back up to the boy's dormitories to find Harry sitting on his bed thinking deeply about something. In his hands was a broken piece of glass, a fairly large one.

"That's an interesting thing to be holding," I asked walking in sitting beside him.

"It's from Sirius. It was a two-way mirror, Sirius had the other. He used to use it with my dad" He said placing the piece of glass down. I nodded slightly placing my hand on his shoulders giving it a quick squeeze.

"I was thinking about something," He said.

"What were you thinking about?"

"The prophecy said- In the end, one of us will have to kill the other. In the end, one of us will die"

"And it'll be-" I paused for a moment taking a deep breath, "Voldemort,"

He looked at me a little thrown back and looked down at the ground quickly. "What if it's not Voldemort, what if I'm the one that dies?"

"I won't let you die on my watch. Not to forget, we have something Voldemort doesn't"

"What is that?" He asked looking back up at me.

"Someone worth fighting for," I said with a slight smile. Our faces were inches apart, our eyes met each other's. I could get lost in his green eyes, it was beautiful.

"You're the person worth fighting for to me," He said quietly tucking a piece of hair behind my ears. Silence fell inside the room, we just sat there looking at each other.

"Evelyn I- I didn't want to kiss Cho, she kissed me. Our kiss back at Grimmauld place really did mean something to me too. I really really fancy you- I'm mad for you but I'm scared Voldemort would use that against-"

Before he could finish, I cupped his face with my hands and leaned in for a kiss. He started gently kissing me back wrapping his arms around my back. For the moment, time stopped. All the stress I was feeling about everything just melted away. It was just Harry and I, nothing to worry about in this moment. Nothing but realizing the feelings we had for each other.

"Ahem" A soft cough came from the doorway. After what had felt like an hour-days-years maybe, we pulled away.

"I hope I'm not interrupting something," Dumbledore said standing in the doorway.

"No sir, I was about to head out" I said quickly getting up brushing past him in embarrassment. Was he interrupting something, yes of course, did I want to argue with him when he had just walked in on Harry and I snogging, not really.

As I was walking along the corridors towards the feast, there was a big smile on my face that I couldn't hide. Harry Potter fancies me, not just that he's mad for me. So what are we now? Is he my boyfriend or are we just still friends but with extra steps?

From a distance away from the crowd of students rushing towards the great hall, Luna was putting up some papers around the empty side of the corridors.

"Luna?" I called out walking towards her.

"Hi Evelyn," She turned around smiling before returning to putting papers on the wall again.

"What are you doing here? Everyone's at the feast"

"I lost all my possessions. Apparently people have been hiding them"

"That's awful, do you need any help?"

"No, I'm alright. The things we lose have a way of coming back to us at the end. If not always in the way we expect. You know, if was very brave of you, what you did back at the ministry"

"What do you mean?"

"You tried not to make any noise while under the cruciatus curse, I think that was really brave"

"We all walked into danger knowingly, I think that's brave,"

She smiled turning towards me, "They all think thestrals are beautiful now that they can see them"

My expressions saddened quickly. Neville, Hermione, Ron, and Ginny could now see the thestrals after witnessing Sirius's death. I fear how many more will be able to now that Voldemort is back in the flesh.

"You know, I think I'll just go have some pudding," She says brushing past me skipping. I didn't move, only just stood there thinking. Everything was changing and it won't stop until Voldemort was dead. How many more people would have to die, how many more students would have to die. In the end, Harry will kill Voldemort, I just know and believe. Until then I won't stop fighting for the people that are worth fighting for.

(A/N ) I'm sorry this was a short chapter because I originally planned on for this chapter to be apart of the previous but then it would be too long.